Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Need Build Date or ASC No.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Build Date or ASC No.

Im having a custom engine plaque made and would like to know if I could find an accurate built date for my car or better yet an ASC number.

The door says 6/99 but being the picky SOB that I am, I would like to see if I can actually get a day in june of 99 that it came off the assembly line.

Anyone? Thanks!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

If your WS6 was a '98 that wasn't red or black, I'd be able to help you out. There's a thread in the WS6 section where Justin offered to look up ASC#s, but from what I've seen, it seems he hasn't been active for awhile. The red & black '98s and '99 numbers were apparently lost in a fire at ASC, so I doubt you'll be able to locate the info you seek.

Maybe someone knows how to decode other numbers on your car that could narrow down the "birth date" to maybe at least the week of the month.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

The car is a black 99 WS6. So I guess no luck for me?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Smile

Originally Posted by Striker
Im having a custom engine plaque made and would like to know if I could find an accurate built date for my car or better yet an ASC number.

The door says 6/99 but being the picky SOB that I am, I would like to see if I can actually get a day in june of 99 that it came off the assembly line.

Anyone? Thanks!
TAKE YOUR VIN# TO GM DEALER PARTS DEPARTMENT. TWO MINUTES LATER YOU HAVE BUILD DATE AND ALL RPO CODE WITH DESCRIPTION AND ALL GM SERVICE RECORDS. ALL FREE IN MY AREA.

JIM

Quick Reply: Need Build Date or ASC No.