Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Badass headlights.. has anyone seen this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Aside from the outrageous price they look alright. Flip ups lights aren't so big a deal. They're not pretty when they are up and they create drag or air turbulence over the nose. Not to mention eventually you'll have to replace the motors unlike stationary lamps.

I think they would rock if it was redesign to have a pair of round hid beams that were slightly oversized within its housing and have the lexan covers that have half moon curves following both beams. Oh and cost less than 5 bills.

I think some of 70's style Vettes that ran in the Can Am series during the 70's had something similar.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the lights really dont bother me as the bird looks sexy with or without pop up's...but for a grand, I could make her faster with a sweet N2O kit and still have money to take the family out to dinner! WAY over priced.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be way late posting on this but everyone saying its not worth it blah blah blah have u seen the prices for the housing alone for the flip ups? I tragically wrecked my 98 ws6 and ut cracked the housing. I looked everywhere and the cheapest housing I found was 847 dollars. Are u effin kidding? I bought the lemans for 600 brand new on ebay. Way cheaper and a custom look that noone else has. And the flip up lights make the firebird a firebird? Whoever said that is retarded. Its just an ugly fad that stuck around. Thats why the vettes stopped doing it. Not too mention the drag. What makes the firebird a firebird is the t tops.. the classic taillights.. the outrageous spoiler.. the flared fenders.. the ram air hood... its an icon in itself and the headlights will never change that.

Quick Reply: Badass headlights.. has anyone seen this?