Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together
View Poll Results: What are your feelings on WS-7 Badges
When it is a WS-7, run it
20.93%
I'm indifferent
37.21%
I am totally offended by WS-7 badges
13.95%
Ricers suck, kick their @ss at the track!
27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

WS-7 Rebadging

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No probs....just throwing it out there. I figure someone might want it. I have no use for it anymore.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool, you should list it in the pasts classified. How much you gonna ask for it?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by muteki
Thats cool, you should list it in the pasts classified. How much you gonna ask for it?
I already did. $25 shipped.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

If you really want to get technical, WS6 is a RPO code and not a sub-model. Firebird Trans Am, Firebird Formula, Firebird Trans Am GTA, Camaro Z28, Mustang GT - those are examples of sub-models. If you upgraded the suspension by making them better than the WS6 performance package then maybe it would seem more acceptable. To me, placing this kind of badge on a car means it has high performance handling.

Last edited by Firebat; 11-14-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the input. I currently don't have any badging on my WS-9. My friend's WS-6 badge just got stolen or fell off (I doubt that). Anyways, I think its just an added cost that I can be putting towards speeding the car up. It would be a cool novelty item, but I doubt that I would ever spend the money on badges. Besides, I noticed several T/A owners voted that the WS-7 badging offends them. So, if I do go with badging one day, I will put the WS-9 custom badges on it.

Besides, most of the people in my area are oblivious to American muscle. Most of them ask "is that the WS-6?", I say "no, it is a WS-9"....they always follow up with "Oh, you got the upgraded model"...lol

In fact, I think that will be my new byline.
Dude, Don't worry about offending other T/A owners, especially with a badge. Just don't go putting 22" spinners on it.. LOL
Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If it offends someone who gives a ****. Its yours and you are the one that has to be happy. Granted if you put 24's with spinners on it you will get made fun of here.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

you think if i put ws-9 badges on my z28 it will make it faster??
Old 11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baalic
Its got be worth at least a tenth.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Like everyone else said, it's your car so do whatever you want to with it. I must say though, that gross misrepresentations do kinda bother me. For example, there's this local dude who drives a 6 cylinder '72 Nova but he's got SS stuff all over it; it's his car but I don't like it...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by baalic
LOL, Definitely!!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

If people get offended with what you do with you own car, then they seriously need to get a life. If anything...keep it non badged. I see more WS6's than regular TA's or Formy's anyway. There pretty much eveywhere around here. That badge was nothing more than a GM marketing scheme to get 5-6k out of the consumer. Think about it. You could upgrade a "regular" TA with better aftermarket parts for way cheaper, which alot of people did anyway.

Yeah...yeah...there are guy's that will say that the WS6 has "collector" value and it will be worth more in the long run. But if your modding the hell out of your car and replacing parts with aftermarket ones, that doesn't mean anything anyway. The only car that I see worth something in the real distant future is the Firehawk. That car is much more rare than the WS6. The 02 CETA as well. I'm sure there a few more like the NHRA edition and so on.

Sorry for the rant. But like another member said before...do what you want with your car. Who cares what other people think.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
Ws69: Sex On Wheels

hahahaha
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Its funny, he just go under my skin becuase of this portion of his post:

"thats like trans am guys slapping on the hood and other parts and calling it a WS-7 which is made up... its not a WS-6 nor will it ever be..."

These stupid ricers think that the WS-6 has like God-like powers over the base T/A. Don't get me wrong, stock it is a better car.....but most people change the parts that make it a WS-6 with the exception of the OEM hood....which I have...lol
Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Put the ram air hood on it and the WS6 badge and no one will know the difference. If you want you can get the LS6 intake manifold and do some suspesion work and then it will unofficially be a WS6. It's your car, do what you want!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Teching In

These stupid ricers think that the WS-6 has like God-like powers over the base T/A. Don't get me wrong, stock it is a better car.....but most people change the parts that make it a WS-6 with the exception of the OEM hood....which I have...lol
The LS6 intake gives a good extra 25hp so they are right in a way. I put a 99 non WS6 model to shame from a dig and a roll last week. He's got the ram air hood, suspension work, an exhaust, and ALOT of weight reduction (i have two 10's in the hatch!), and good sticky tires (mine are all season).
Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the.palmetto
The LS6 intake gives a good extra 25hp so they are right in a way. I put a 99 non WS6 model to shame from a dig and a roll last week. He's got the ram air hood, suspension work, an exhaust, and ALOT of weight reduction (i have two 10's in the hatch!), and good sticky tires (mine are all season).
Psst, the LS6 intake isn't part of the WS6, it came on all LS1's after 01.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Psst, the LS6 intake isn't part of the WS6, it came on all LS1's after 01.
He is correct, I have an LS-6 intake from the factory. I upgraded the exhaust to the magnaflow catback. I already put on Z06 wheels, which I like better than the WS-6 rims. I'm putting in the Volant intake, so I don't need the airbox. Next step is suspension....then whallah, better than a stock WS-6.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Well as the story goes....if you want to put the WS7 is OK but, putting a WS6 is BETTER.
I would just put WS6 (AS LONG AS YOU GOT SOME POWER TO BACK IT UP, "IN A WAY") and avoid explaining why WS7 to someone.

On the street people know WS6 PERIOD.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Talking Ricer response

Just a thought, why don't you make a bet with him, Race his @$$ then, when you fry him he can buy the tag you want and stick it on the bumper for you?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA
If people get offended with what you do with you own car, then they seriously need to get a life. If anything...keep it non badged. I see more WS6's than regular TA's or Formy's anyway. There pretty much eveywhere around here. That badge was nothing more than a GM marketing scheme to get 5-6k out of the consumer. Think about it. You could upgrade a "regular" TA with better aftermarket parts for way cheaper, which alot of people did anyway.

Yeah...yeah...there are guy's that will say that the WS6 has "collector" value and it will be worth more in the long run. But if your modding the hell out of your car and replacing parts with aftermarket ones, that doesn't mean anything anyway. The only car that I see worth something in the real distant future is the Firehawk. That car is much more rare than the WS6. The 02 CETA as well. I'm sure there a few more like the NHRA edition and so on.

Sorry for the rant. But like another member said before...do what you want with your car. Who cares what other people think.
yeah thats what i did with mine. my car sports a real GM ram air hood and airbox, and the black ZR1's. both of which cost me around $2200 total. The car was $6k and at that time real 96-97 WS6's were going for $10-12k or more. So in my case it wasn't worth spending $4k on the WS6.

Quick Reply: WS-7 Rebadging