Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2000 Firehawk M6 before, during, and after pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never noticed my buddies hawk having a different front bumber than my t/a. Whats different about them? ill check it out next time i see him
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, If you wanna be a *** and talk like a bitch then get the hell out of my thread. You can go stick to your t/a buddy and forget about me. I bought the car with this hood and bumper and i don't need to replace it. And I am not the only one that said that t.a wasn't worth 10,000 so go suck on that nut sack.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blk99sleekbeak
i have never noticed my buddies hawk having a different front bumber than my t/a. Whats different about them? ill check it out next time i see him
There is not really a big difference, only in the nose. The guy with the thread before you was being a *** hole prolly because he prolly has a trans am with a John deers engine.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Teching In

did you put a different shifter in?? is so which one?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

vettboy, you need to relax.
You got all bent outta shape the last time someone said something about the car having different products on it.

Truth is, even tho the airbox shown is similar to what may have come on it originally, it is actually an air intake base/lid from a 'WS6' car because of the 'Ram Air' sticker on it. There is NOT an SLP intake anywhere shown in those photos.

97Ramsst just didn't elaborate too deeply into detail. And he was a Firehawk owner for a while, & a true Firebird nut-case. (He'll understand my smart-*** comments as a compliment, ...)

The other thing is that Firehawk aficionado's frown upon changes to a real Firehawk car. So the hood thing kinda hurts the true value. But it's been wrecked & repaired, so that's hurt anyway. Which is why you got a good deal on the car.

So don't get all worked up over comments. Take it for what there worth & work on learning new things everyday. If you don't agree, ask for explanation rather than smartin' off & callin' names, ...

The comment about what was used on the front bumper may be related to the color. It appears to have some color match issues with the rest of the pieces. But that may be the lighting, the product, or nothing at all, as I've seen the color differences in OE paintwork also. My 'TriCoat Pearl White' Bonneville has the GM color mis-match.

blk99, the only difference was that SLP cut the nostril area of the OE GM front bumper to match the Firehawk hood lines. Go to the Firehawk/Raptor thread & look at the nostril areas to see cuts differences.

Last edited by PontiacFan; 06-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
vettboy, you need to relax.
You got all bent outta shape the last time someone said something about the car having different products on it.

Truth is, even tho the airbox shown is similar to what may have come on it originally, it is actually an air intake base/lid from a 'WS6' car because of the 'Ram Air' sticker on it. There is NOT an SLP intake anywhere shown in those photos.

97Ramsst just didn't elaborate too deeply into detail. And he was a Firehawk owner for a while, & a true Firebird nut-case. (He'll understand my smart-*** comments as a compliment, ...)

The other thing is that Firehawk aficionado's frown upon changes to a real Firehawk car. So the hood thing kinda hurts the true value. But it's been wrecked & repaired, so that's hurt anyway. Which is why you got a good deal on the car.

So don't get all worked up over comments. Take it for what there worth & work on learning new things everyday. If you don't agree, ask for explanation rather than smartin' off & callin' names, ...

The comment about what was used on the front bumper may be related to the color. It appears to have some color match issues with the rest of the pieces. But that may be the lighting, the product, or nothing at all, as I've seen the color differences in OE paintwork also. My 'TriCoat Pearl White' Bonneville has the GM color mis-match.

blk99, the only difference was that SLP cut the nostril area of the OE GM front bumper to match the Firehawk hood lines. Go to the Firehawk/Raptor thread & look at the nostril areas to see cuts differences.

man really I am not mad at all lol. I am tryin to be friends with the ls1 family. But ever since I told this guy what a trans am was worth, He started putting things on all my threads saying " you said this and that about the value" as if i did something bad to him. When I bought this car I was going to sell it because it actually wasn't a good deal. I know there is alot of weird things on this car here and there but everything can be fixed. I never had times to really do things to the car because of work. I didn't sell this car because It would come out to be a really good car. I am cool with everybody on here but I honestly don't like it when people wanna talk trash like the other guy. Yes, the hood and the bumper messed up the value by big time, I know, When I can I will be fixing everything. And the car is in excellent condition and I love it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Whatever they say
It's your ride and its grate looking enjoy driving it

Ohh welcome to the family
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOS4EVER
Whatever they say
It's your ride and its grate looking enjoy driving it