Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Gauge cluster conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge cluster conversion

I have a 95 formula and I've been wanting to convert the cluster to the 97 cluster, I've done a lot of searching, but I have not found anything on if this is just plug and play or do I have to do any wiring? Also, does the digital odo read the correct millage?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres no plug and play, you have to tap or splice into all the appropriate wires, or pins in the gauge clusters receptor plug. Theres a stick in the electronics section with all the pin out information you need. Its more common in mustangs, maybe they can help you through the process. or ask in the elctronics forums
Old 06-12-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evilZO6
theres no plug and play, you have to tap or splice into all the appropriate wires, or pins in the gauge clusters receptor plug. Theres a stick in the electronics section with all the pin out information you need. Its more common in mustangs, maybe they can help you through the process. or ask in the elctronics forums
Evil...hate to tell ya this but you are wrong my friend...I have a 95 TA and picked up a 97 gauge cluster with the digital OD clock and it was straight plug and play..only problem is whatever the milage is on the cluster is what shows up when you plug it in.