Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Please help identify this bird

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help identify this bird

I own A 94 T/A coupe I purchased this car four years ago. The car has Richard Petty signatues on both right and left sides of the rear section of the ground effects. The owners manual is also signed by Richard Petty the car was sold new at a dealership in jacksonville North Carolina, I spoke with the dealership and was told that pontiac dealers would have promotions wherein the stock car drivers would appear and promote car sales but I could not find out any more. I would like to know how many cars like mine are around and any information that could lead to establishing a provenance as I want to restore this great old ride and want to make sure it is worth the time and money to do so.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would like to see pics of this bird
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

pics will help greatly
Old 08-20-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

There can't be many like yours. I would say 'very few'. It would be an excellent car to restore and show. When the King passes one day I would think it would command a very good price. Just make sure everything is authentic though. Any paperwork? If not, try contacting Petty himself and see if he can send you a letter indicating that he did indeed sign or approve a few cars back then like you describe. He has always been good to Nascar fans and I don't think this would be too much to ask. I'm sure you are aware of the '91 Grand Prix models that were Petty specials. They don't command much yet but still hold their own in value if in nice shape. The T/A would be really different.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 AM

Default Identify

I have all the original paperwork the bill of sale and all the documentation from the dealer including the window sticker I just cannont verify how many and were made thanks for your advise I will write Mr. Petty and see if I get a reply
Old 08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Excellent! That is a real nice piece of history there, and as time progresses, even more so. Good luck with Petty. No harm in trying especially when it is coming from a fellow Tar Heel.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

id take care of that. dont drive it too much or beat it. i hope its in good shape. i think back in 94 petty ent. was still driving pontiacs, so it would make sense to have his signature on it. i doubt youll be able to retire off this car, but its not just a regular TA either. take care of it and save it for history.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM

IT IS IN OK SHAPE NO RUST MINOR PARKING LOT DINGS AND THE CLEAR COAT IS STARTING TO GO ONLY 90K MILES IT IS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT I REPLACED THE TAILIGHT LENSE WITH OEM FROM THE DEALERSHIP THE OLD ONES HAD BAD SEALS SO I REPLACED ALL THE LIGHT SOCKETS AS WELL ALL FOUR EACH SIDE. tHERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE STEREO IT WILL NOT TUNE TO A STATION IT JUST KEEPS SEARCHING AND THE CD PLAYER WILL COME ON BY ITS SELF AND HAVE ERR ON THE SCREEN IS SOMTHING TO DO WITH THE ANTI THEFT CODE OR IS THE STEREO SHOT? THE SPEAKERS SOUND GOOD THE FEW TIMES i GOT PLAY MY iRON MAIDEN GREATEST HITS CD
Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

still wanting to see some pics.....

Quick Reply: Please help identify this bird