Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Headlight upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still on phone so take easy on me.. going keep it short sweet.

Buy this kit for bot lows and dogs.. meaning you will buy a total of two of these.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

For fogs.... select 35 watt and then whatever temp you want, i have covered that and have pics down below showing you the colors.
Uou will be buying bulb type 880 for the fogs. You also want to get the hid harness, will save you a lot of frustration.

For lows.. here is the housing, scroll down you will se it.. you will not be using the bulbs that come with these. http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm
Go back to ddmtuning.. I went with 55w for my lows, it is up to you on that. The temp, we have already discussed that as well. Select h7 for bulb type. again, you want a harness.

Need a little more detailed explanation..... https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-trans-am.html

My HIDs.... http://m250.Photobucket.com/xhk651

I hope that helps you guys.. I have the pics I took today on first page and then a few pages back more when I put fogs in showing difference betweenthose and stock. Sorry all pics of ky car are from camera phone.

Now order!!!!! Haha
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geesh,Has anyone even bothered to look at and read the entire auction I posted?

My son purchases these and sells/installs them.
He has done over 50 cars and not one complaint has come back.

For a 93-97 I linked everyhing you need.
If you would like the projector style you can puchase those instead.
Too ricey for a bird in my opinion though.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ace3166
Has anyone even bothered to look at and read the entire auction I posted?

My son purchases these and sells/installs them.
He has done over 50 cars and not one complaint has come back.

For a 93-97 I linked everyhing you need.
If you would like the projector style you can puchase those instead.
Too ricey for a bird in my opinion though.
I have bought one set of housings and one set of hids on eBay.. both horrible experiences with bad products.
That is two out of two. I have only seen two people out of hundred and hundreds get a bad kit from ddmtuning and it was fixed immediately. It is nothing personal but for the same amount of money I would go with a very standing and well know outstanding built product like ddmtuning over some eBay seller.

Again, nothing personal just my strong preference.

Show me those projectors.. are they made by dash?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just looked at those housing.. compared to an Oem housing they are crappy. The eurolight hiusing is the next cheapest but is oem conversion housings.
There are a feew other housings on the.market similar prices as euro lifts that are supposed.to be.marginally better but.it is around 40 bucks more.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Teching In

This thread has become hilarious...your making this out to be way harder than it is.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

This thread has become hilarious...your making this out to be way harder than it is.
Excuse me? I broke it down very simple and I did what helped me when I was buying mine.. links, pics, threads, explanations, etc etc.. I told them what they needed and why they needed it with different options and links to.installed kits etc etc.
It would obviously be more.orhanized if I was on my comp but i am doing what I can to help out.

Going off your first post I would not have felt comfortable ordering those parts, I would have needed more explanation and details not just this is what i did, follow my actions..

I'm sorry that I explained it in full detail and catered to.their every need with.pics links threads etc etc..

That is what is wrong with tech now and why ppl end up getting things only when.it shows up to find out it is not what it wanted. If you asked what cam you should go with and I said 228r would you go out and buy it right then? No you would want specs, sound clip, track times street manner etc etc.. if you don't explain and educate ppl in 10 years we will have a ton of ignorant "car guys" running around.

hope that made sense, again typing from phone.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again lemons thanks alot, I really appreciate it because I know nothing about HID conversions or what to order.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I have a problem. I have a 95 and it doesn't use those slim style housings. Should I use the ebay ones I posted on the previous page?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=l 95 Trans Am l;14048431]Ok I have a problem. I have a 95 and it doesn't use those slim style housings. Should I use the ebay ones I posted on the previous page?[/QUO
I'm sorry I thought you had an ls1.. you need to double check they fog light bulb number, it might ,probably, is different.

Let me look on eurolight for the lt1 light. I have never looked into it for lt1s. I would mother buy the ebay housingx it is a very cheap looking housing imo with worse light dispersion than stock, ie more glare.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

There is a plce to email them. Send them an email stating what year and make you have and that you.need a sealed beam conversion housing. They are prompt on their emails.
I am not familiar enouh with lt1s.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I emailed them. Let's see what they say. I know my years use the same housings as ford probes hahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Ok lemons, you were the only one in the 19 pages that I just read that even considered using ur same housing and not buying the 4703's. Exactly what would need to be done to use the existing housing?

It's taking me a while but I'm coming along
Old 10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 428 78T/A
Ok lemons, you were the only one in the 19 pages that I just read that even considered using ur same housing and not buying the 4703's. Exactly what would need to be done to use the existing housing?

It's taking me a while but I'm coming along
Very simple tjey make the housings that have the black things pj the back that look like they twist off... well they do twist off, but aren't meant to.
Take pliers and gentle twist till you hear a click, should come out easily now.

Take your new bulb and carefully insert it in the hole with the wire on the hid bulb on the bottom.

You can use a rubber gromet found at parts store or home depot and then silicon it in there using the black stuff or just straight silicon it. Someone did a write up not ling ago, let me find it.

Nice to see you actually are reading to try and learn, nice to see people still so that lol.. there is so much info already on this board.. searching and reading goes a LONG way.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Found it..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-z28-hids.html
Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LMC housings with ddm tuning HID'S
Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Excuse me? I broke it down very simple and I did what helped me when I was buying mine.. links, pics, threads, explanations, etc etc.. I told them what they needed and why they needed it with different options and links to.installed kits etc etc.
It would obviously be more.orhanized if I was on my comp but i am doing what I can to help out.

Going off your first post I would not have felt comfortable ordering those parts, I would have needed more explanation and details not just this is what i did, follow my actions..

I'm sorry that I explained it in full detail and catered to.their every need with.pics links threads etc etc..

That is what is wrong with tech now and why ppl end up getting things only when.it shows up to find out it is not what it wanted. If you asked what cam you should go with and I said 228r would you go out and buy it right then? No you would want specs, sound clip, track times street manner etc etc.. if you don't explain and educate ppl in 10 years we will have a ton of ignorant "car guys" running around.

No, not you.
You have explained everything really well.
Yet, questions that come in after that.

It's not rocket science.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, not you.
You have explained everything really well.
Yet, questions that come in after that.

It's not rocket science.
O, Haha.. I apologize.

I see it in every single hid thread here is.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12

No, not you.
you have explained everything really well.
It is all the questions that come in after that.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, not you.
you have explained everything really well.
It is all the questions that come in after that.
I dont know headlights at all, or how any of it hooks up. Forums are for questions and discussions, these are my questions, and lemon's kind enough to answer them.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Agreed. Thanks lemons for your time and info.

Do I need 2 harnesses or 4 if Im doing fogs and lows?

Last edited by 428 78T/A; 10-28-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade?