Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Actual value of WS6 vs. Firehawk???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darksol
They started Firehawks in 1992. I *think* ram air packaged 4th gens started in 1996. Rarity is a set thing. Collector value is a subjective thing. While some of us would not put much value into a Duster with a 340 in it, some one else might. The question is what is a Firehawk worth to you vs what a WS6 car is worth to you. Keep in mind that the 01-02 WS6 cars were little more than a different hood bolted to a Trans-Am and that they sold more WS6 cars in 01-02 than they sold regular Trans-Ams those years.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/1740880-post2.html

Good luck and remember a ls1 is a ls1. Just because someone bucked up for a Firehawk or WS6 or SS it likely dynos and runs like a Z-28 or Formula or Trans-Am. So buy what gets you closer to what you want and if you modify it then what stock suspension and exhaust is on it doesn't matter.
Very true
Old 02-13-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

as much as i love my ws6, its lonely and needs a friend. lol so ill be getting a firehawk soon...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

So, I just bought a 2002 WS6 M6 with 19k miles. I paid $14,500.00 for the car. Was this a good deal or is it about what the car is worth? My credit union would loan me up to 18k on the car. I bought this car from the original owner and it is flawless. Has the original tires on it and they have 60-70% tread on them.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

^I would call that a very good deal.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:51 AM

Default Fair Comparison

Originally Posted by white/blue99ta
Ok.....well my G35 was totaled and now im looking to get back in the f-body scene again. My question is where do i look to get an actual value for both of these? Im looking at an 02 firehawk m6 w 25k miles and they are asking 21k.........and an 02 WS6 m6 w 57k miles for asking price of 13k. I have looked on nada and there is no "collector edition" and on kbb their is no difference in value from WS6 to Firehawk? Is the firehawks value mostly in the owners eyes? I know they are numbered and all but where can I find where the firhawks true value? Thanks........and I have used the search and have not found an answer.
Before you can answer your question how do the two cars compare before the WS6 and Firehawk option is added such as T-Tops. Next with the Firehawk does it have the stainless steel exhaust which included a special catalytic converter, 3" exhaust to the muffler and two 2 and half inch tailpipes out. Does the Firehawk have the suspension upgrade? Good for the track but not comfortable on the street. I think you will find the heavily optioned Firehawk plus the Firehawk upgrades worth the price. And the older Firehawks look much better than that in your face WS6 hood. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

This thread is from 2011, so I'm sure the OP has already made a decision and we can put this one to rest. But since we're here...

Originally Posted by Douglas Keefe
Before you can answer your question how do the two cars compare before the WS6 and Firehawk option is added such as T-Tops. Next with the Firehawk does it have the stainless steel exhaust which included a special catalytic converter, 3" exhaust to the muffler and two 2 and half inch tailpipes out. Does the Firehawk have the suspension upgrade? Good for the track but not comfortable on the street. I think you will find the heavily optioned Firehawk plus the Firehawk upgrades worth the price. And the older Firehawks look much better than that in your face WS6 hood. Hope that helps.
By 2002 (the year of both cars quoted), WS6 was only available on Trans Am, which made T-tops standard (TA included t-tops as standard, WS6 or not, starting in 1998.)

Also, as I mentioned in the earlier thread you bumped from 2008, the SLP dual/dual exhaust was standard on all LS1 Firehawks - and it did NOT contain any sort of special catalytic converter (it contained the same cats as every LS1 F-body from any trim level.)

Sounds to me like you might be quoting some info for older, LT1 Firehawks. Which is fine, but could be confusing to folks searching this later as the post you quoted specifically discusses 2002 models.

Quick Reply: Actual value of WS6 vs. Firehawk???