Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

w68 kit for us formula guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default w68 kit for us formula guys

have anybody ever thought about making a w68 kit for us formula guys? i know i would love to have one but they are really hard to find and when you do they are really expensive. iv seen them new on hawksthirdgen but they are like 1000 bucks for just one front piece, and im not a big fan of the west wings kit. im sure im not the only formula guy that would like to see a reasonably priced kit like the w68 for our cars.

here is a pic of what im talkin about

Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I call owner of that top Pewter Bird! Since that pic was taken I've shaved the side lights and removed the lip kit to sand it down and prep for paint. It's getting two-toned with black on the bottom and maybe an orange pin stripe. Mine's an original '02 W68 V6, but to find the kit search the junk yards, eBay and Craigslist. GMPartsDirect has it too for nothing less than an arm and a leg. I'd trade my front pieces for a WW frot lip or a 6LE splitter.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

nice, i just googled w68 firebird and these pics are what i found. i look on ebay and craigslist every once and awhile but you dont see them very often and when you do ppl are very proud of them. i might get lucky in a junk yard but most of the ones up here wont let you just go walk around like i can back home. there is an old lady that works at the pigley wigley in town that drives a w68 car, every time i see it i want to just sneak up there one night and take them off. i honestly dont think she would ever notice.....lol. maybe i should just go ask her if she wants to sell them.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

If there any diff in trans am body work? There is a salvage yard in charlotte with a good rear bumper and side skirts from a 98-02 black trans am. I bought the honey comb tail lights :-D the front is trashed though

Quick Reply: w68 kit for us formula guys