Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Question for those with Projector HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for those with Projector HIDs

I am thinking about getting a legit hid with projectors for my 01 ws6, and i had a question for those with the kit. Mostly im concerned with seeing signs on the highway or road signs. With the cutoff in the legal position are they still reflective enough to be able to see them? I know the fogs might help a little bit, but i was planning on also turning them into a 35w projectored HID. I am just concerned about still being able to light up the signs, i do travel alot and like to drive my car. Any help would be great, thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

I don't know how any of the "kits" perform...but, my C6 projectors I retrofitted perform flawlessly. I don't have any problem with the street signs illuminating enough for them to be seen at night. I live out where there aren't any street lamps on the side of the road and people continually flash their high beams at me because they don't grasp that HIDs are a lot brighter than standard halogens. I'm lowered and my projector beams cutoff is about level with that of the current C6s.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got any pics of your retrofit 95TA?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Teching In

bought blackbird lighting solutions low beam and have no problems. install was done in less than thirty minutes. aiming took another thirty for correct cutoff and proper height. i would look into his buys. more than worth the price for what is truly out there.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Blackbird Lighting Solutions low beam kit. It actually lights up signs more than stock. Signs just POP with these lights. It's a very nice effect.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

not to hijack thread, but looking into the Blackbird Lighting Solutions kit with just low beams. what did you guys do about the fog lights? id like something for those aswell to atleast come close to matching the kelvin color
Old 02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by doublea87
not to hijack thread, but looking into the Blackbird Lighting Solutions kit with just low beams. what did you guys do about the fog lights? id like something for those aswell to atleast come close to matching the kelvin color

x2 ^^

Quick Reply: Question for those with Projector HIDs