Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1987 Firebird headlight problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Firebird headlight problems

We have a very clean, like new, '87 Firebird. It only has 41,000 miles on it. The other night the passenger headlight started to droop. The drivers side wouldn't go down. The next day I got the drivers side down by doing it manually. The passenger side acts like it has no friction to operate it manually but if I mess with it I can get it up. Most of the time it has no resistance & i can do it by hand by just lifting it up. The drivers side still only operates by manually.
Neither motor makes any noise. I have checked the wires with a tester with the wires leading into the motors & at the Headlight Control Modual. I have fire. All the exteral lights work.

What's it sound like guys? Replace the motors? Would both go out at the same time?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Firebird headlight problems

We have a very clean, like new, '87 Firebird. It only has 41,000 miles on it. The other night the passenger headlight started to droop. The drivers side wouldn't go down. The next day I got the drivers side down by doing it manually. The passenger side acts like it has no friction to operate it manually but if I mess with it I can get it up. Most of the time it has no resistance & i can do it by hand by just lifting it up. The drivers side still only operates by manually.
Neither motor makes any noise. I have checked the wires with a tester with the wires leading into the motors & at the Headlight Control Modual. I have fire. All the exteral lights work.

What's it sound like guys? Replace the motors? Would both go out at the same time?

Quick Reply: 1987 Firebird headlight problems