Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

ABS INOP & TCS off light keeps coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS INOP & TCS off light keeps coming on

I have a 99 t/a and the abs inop light and tcs off light keep coming on but only sometime. I took the rear wheel speed sensors out and cleaned them already but that didn't help. Any ideas? Also the the low traction light comes on sometimes but not always at the same time like the others. Is there a way to clean the front sensors? Or test them? Also I keep getting a engine code p0327 low voltage to bank 1 knock sensor. I replaced both knock sensors, no change. The code comes and goes, sometimes the light will be on for a week and sometimes it will go off for a while. Then I took it back apart and replaced the knock sensor pigtail and it still happens. Any other ideas? With all these lights on my girlfriend says it feels like Christmas when driving the car.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

So does mine. Along with the radio and power windows sometimes. Something to do with a bad solder joint on the BCD (body control) circuit board. Maybe they're related. Restarting the car after a few seconds seems to do the trick for the ABS/TCS lights.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

This thread should be in General Maintenance.

The first thing you should do is get the ABS system scanned to tell you which sensor is having the fit.

Are all your tires the same and/or they all the stock size that came with the car? If not, this will cause problems...

I'd also suggest searching this site for the knock sensor code first and then starting a separate thread if you don't find the answer.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check the front speed sensors., they might be dirty or damaged. when i bought my car one of the wires on the passenger front was torn. got it spliced and it took care of the problem.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds like you better get that girlfriend an early Christmas present!

Have the ABS/TCS system scanned for codes. That'll tell you where the problem lies. Taking things apart like that and you might cause more problems. Ten times harder to fix two problems at the same time.

Quick Reply: ABS INOP & TCS off light keeps coming on