Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Which induction?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which induction?!

Ok! I need some help here. I'm wondering which air intake would be best for my firebird. It's only a V6. I've seen everything from the whisper lid to the blackwing. What's your guys opinions? And if you had links so I can look at them, that would be awesome.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

None of them do very much for performance, even for a V8 car.

Purchase the one that looks nicer or costs less. Stay away from the ones with metal tubing.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Since you have a V6, V8 lids will not work without some custom fabbing. Your options are:
1. V8 lid, and some sort of custom work to get the air outlet to line up with the TB.
2. Try to find a whisper lid for the V6 cars. (was hard to find/expensive when I had my V6 car)
3. Save some $$, take a dremal and sandpaper and de-baffle the bottom of your stock lid, the go to the hardware store and get a 3" or 4" 45* street bend PVC pipe to use as a smooth bellow. This is what I did on my old car. Worked great, the price was right, easy to do, looked stock, and cleaned up the engine bay by getting rid of those big silencers after the lid. Look for more info on FullthrottleV6.com for this mod. It also matters what year the car is as 98's? had a different TB location IIRC.

Quick Reply: Which induction?!