Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Camaro guy needs firebird guys help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Camaro guy needs firebird guys help!

Hey guys so I have a very odd problem. I have looked through other threads and forums and such and still haven't found a resolution to my dilemma. Here's the deal. On my 2000 Camaro I have the Driver Side front blinker light not working. Now here is what I have done to attempt to remedy the situation: Replaced both flasher relays (4 ways and signals), changed every single light bulb from front to back (all peanut bulbs, night time running lights, day time running lights, reverse lights, EVERYTHING) and I made sure that I used the right bulb number for each socket. Now the way I know it's not the bulb configuration is that the right side (passenger side) works flawlessly with the bulb setup I have now and it is identical on the driver side so please don't post stuff like "BULB BRO" or " BULBS FOR SURE" or "BULB x3". IT IS NOT THE BULBS. I also replaced the actual socket for the bulb in the front with not one, not two, not three but four different connectors. I highly doubt it's the connector. Which leaves the wiring (or does it?) to be the issue. I figured that the blue colour wire is the flasher power, the brown wire is running lights and the black is obviously ground. I put an ohm reader to check if the blue wire was getting power while the flasher is on but it doesn't seem to read anything. Anyways... what is there left for me to do? Someone have any input please? I really need you guys right now.

NOTE*: Even though the bulb doesn't flash it still DOES turn on with the running lights/ night time lights.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok.
I am attaching a link. It is to a guy swaping taillights from a 96 to a 2000. Who would do that?? But any ways, the ONLY reason I am sending you here is for the schematic. Looking at the FIRST schematic, and IGNORING the following ones, I noticed the Front Left turn signal ("drivers side") has the LT BLU (lite blue) wire leaving the bulb and going to the DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS MODULE behind the radio, to the left of the glove box. I would check for power at this connector. May or may not help, but at least I tried.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f50/how-wi...camaro-159926/
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

As I recall, there are two body ground points up front. There may be more. Ya might want to have a look at them.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
As I recall, there are two body ground points up front. There may be more. Ya might want to have a look at them.
I'm leaning towards a bad ground too. I was wiggling the black wire around today and it started blinking a bit but then stopped.
Which ground points should I be looking at Paul?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know how to do it, but my dad was using a multimeter to find a short in the wiring of my 85 V6 firebird (before I gave up on it) and it would beep whenever you found the short. I wish I knew what the setting was.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Just wanted to resolve this post. The problem was a bad DRL module. The module located behind the radio. I switched it out and all was good!

Quick Reply: Camaro guy needs firebird guys help!