Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

T/a getting a new interior makeover.... Pics inside..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Car looks great OP, why would you need so many amps though? Im no stereo expert, but wouldnt one bigger one be better?
To a certain extent, yes you are correct... But with the amount of power I need to run all the speakers I have at their optimum level, there is no single amp out there that could do everything in my system.. I could have gotten 1 bigger amp to run the subs, but I got such a steal on these two that it made more sense for me to go this way...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Default Ok...... The finished product....

Ok all... The interior is finally in and all is complete. So as promised, here are some pics of the final product... Please excuse the FILTHINESS of the car as it's got almost three months of dust on it... Anyhow, enough talk...

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So umm how do you enjoy taking the tops off? O_o
Old 04-27-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr Phil
That ^^
And why too much red ?

personally i wouldn't have done the whole front dash & middle console except **** and boot.

The seat's look awesome but to be honest i'm not a fan of the color it's too bright or it may seem in the picture.

overall i think you could have saved a lot of $$, love what you did for the stereo, too red & bright.

Last edited by AmDWs6; 04-28-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

I guess I'm not quite sure what you are getting at... Care to explain...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally do like it man, looks real good. Not everyone has the same opinions.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gulfstreamcpt
did you actually look at the mans trunk ? maybe you need to look again.
--------------

black- yea true that.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfstreamcpt
In the firebird/trans am, if the car is equipped with t tops they have the ability to be removed. Shocking I know. When owner of said vehicle removes his tops, there is 2 individual slots in the hatch area for them to be placed while driving around. This is so when u park somewhere other than at home you can have the option to put them back on for security or weather related reasons. This owner in particular has completely taken the ability away to enjoy this luxury by installing sub woofers in his t top holding area. So unless he just leaves them in his garage when he goes somewhere then Idk howhe can enjoy having the tops off. And judging by the amount of money he invested in his interior, I would assume the last thing he wants is to leave his tops off in a public place and either have his system stolen or a nice fat bird **** in his car lol
Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

In the firebird/trans am, if the car is equipped with t tops they have the ability to be removed. Shocking I know. When owner of said vehicle removes his tops, there is 2 individual slots in the hatch area for them to be placed while driving around. This is so when u park somewhere other than at home you can have the option to put them back on for security or weather related reasons. This owner in particular has completely taken the ability away to enjoy this luxury by installing sub woofers in his t top holding area. So unless he just leaves them in his garage when he goes somewhere then Idk howhe can enjoy having the tops off. And judging by the amount of money he invested in his interior, I would assume the last thing he wants is to leave his tops off in a public place and either have his system stolen or a nice fat bird **** in his car lol

Ok, you kept saying "the owner" and "he" in your above post... This is my car by the way.. So you can talk directly to me..

Now that I know what your comment was referring to, let me show you this...

This is a photo of directly behind my rear seat once folded down.. New slots that was built into the sub box... I can carry the T-tops just like before... Just in a different spot... Surprise, surprise, surprise......
Old 04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Ha, very nice idea and setup you got for your T-tops. How sturdy does it hold though? Love your seats man. Camaro King isn't too far from me so at least I know where to go if I'm ever in need of some clean seats.

Get her washed and go drive!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NemeCes
Ha, very nice idea and setup you got for your T-tops. How sturdy does it hold though? Love your seats man. Camaro King isn't too far from me so at least I know where to go if I'm ever in need of some clean seats.

Get her washed and go drive!
Holds very sturdy... And once sinched down with the straps, they don't move anywhere... Believe me, she's been washed and driven for the first time yesterday!!!!!

Quick Reply: T/a getting a new interior makeover.... Pics inside..