Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Help new guy identify his new bird!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013 | 01:30 PM
On The Tree

I could really care less that it's not a ws6, I knew it wasn't when I bought it. I'm just trying to figure out what is or isn't on the car, i know very little about them so that's why I'm asking for help.
Old 05-17-2013 | 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Looks after market to me. You are putting too much thought if its a ws6 or not.. No difference at all really.. as long as you have 17 inch wheels really..
If it were me I'd care. I would want to know exactly what I own. Even if it is just a hood that we're trying to figure out.
Old 05-17-2013 | 11:14 AM
Launching!

Having real **** is nice, its part of why I'm keeping my rims
Old 05-18-2013 | 11:49 AM
On The Tree

ws6 or not rock them awesome t-tops man!!!
Old 05-19-2013 | 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JLFIII
Sorry it took me a few minutes to get these re-sized...so yeah here are some more pics of the car. To me this looked like the "bigger opening" airbox you were talking about, but then again I haven't been under the hood of too many fbodys lol
nice shots from the CSI parking lot refused to put their stupid *** parking sticker on my car never again will I bring it there its a nightmare but anyway back on topic car looks sweet ws6 or not you'll still enjoy it and it looks awesome the ws6 differences are so minuscule...your in a bird and your ganna love it and that's the bottom line!
Old 05-19-2013 | 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by '99REDTA
Having real **** is nice, its part of why I'm keeping my rims
Yeah, I agree...I also get a certain satisfaction out of knowing something is authentic. Again, it doesn't make or break the car for me, just a "nice to know" thing.

Originally Posted by Nicky98T/a
nice shots from the CSI parking lot refused to put their stupid *** parking sticker on my car never again will I bring it there its a nightmare but anyway back on topic car looks sweet ws6 or not you'll still enjoy it and it looks awesome the ws6 differences are so minuscule...your in a bird and your ganna love it and that's the bottom line!
LOL, the few times a week when the CSI parking lot isn't stuffed to capacity it actually makes for a good photo spot.
Old 05-20-2013 | 08:54 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Looks after market to me.
Not so sure about that. Do aftermarket hoods have the "factory-like" water baffles still riveted in place like in the 4th pic? I see nothing in those pics that would lead me to believe that it is not a factory WS6 hood. The baffles look factory. The nostrils & grille looks factory (although the screws look like they've been replaced). The latch area looks factory. If it is an aftermarket hood, its a damn good replica of a factory hood. What exactly makes that hood look after-market to you?

Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 05-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2013 | 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Not so sure about that. Do aftermarket hoods have the "factory-like" water baffles still riveted in place like in the 4th pic? I see nothing in those pics that would lead me to believe that it is not a factory WS6 hood. The baffles look factory. The nostrils & grille looks factory (although the screws look like they've been replaced). The latch area looks factory. If it is an aftermarket hood, its a damn good replica of a factory hood. What exactly makes that hood look after-market to you?
...yeah it looks and feels factory to me. If I had to place my bets I'd say it's a real piece. I'll try to compare it to a WS6 one of these days if I see one at the local cruise night...

Quick Reply: Help new guy identify his new bird!