Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Stripe on ws6 hood ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripe on ws6 hood ??

Ok so everyone knows the 98-02 ws6 hood ( or at least I hope they do). I was talking to a guy this weekend and where the ws6 is on the side of the hood he is wanting to paint that with a stripe I asked why he would do something like that and he said it was some special edition thing done on a TA.

Well I do not recall a TA with a stripe just down the side portion of the ram air. But that's not saying their was not one. So if anyone has seen a TA that is some kind of special edition with this done please inform me of this and pictures would always be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

I assume you mean "Ram Air" down the side of the hood? If so, there are decals out that are applied on quite a few of these cars. I believe Phoenix Graphix has them if you want to see them.
Ponchjoe
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Blackbird stripes... Not a GM released edition but some dealer I think did some this way. Do a search. I have always liked these myself but prefer the stock ws6 look.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Blackbird stripes^ He is correct
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Ok yes I believe that's what he would be talking about. And I didn't think it was any kind of "Special Edition". And that it is just something that the aftermarket came up with.

Is there anyone else that has some input.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Carl Black Pontiac GMC located in Atlanta, GA decided to take factory spec WS6 TAs and make a few special modified TAs for sale to the public. An excerpt from the original "Blackbird" web page follows:

"In February of 2001, Carl Black produced the first series of High Performance Pontiac Trans Ams in memory of the late Muscle Car Era. Our goal at Carl Black, was to produce a performance car that combines the nostalgic feel and sound of the Sixties with the technology, power, handling and style of today. The result was the Black Bird, the pinnacle of 35 years of muscle cars. Fifty of these specialty vehicles were sold to collectors and power enthusiasts across the Country.
Each Black Bird starts out as a stock Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Ram Air with LS1 5.7 liter V-8 engine, 6-speed manual transmission and Hurst shift linkage. Carl Black´s high performance modifications include a 380 horsepower / 400 ft lb torque engine package, short throw shifter, high flow air box lid, chambered cat back exhaust, front and rear Eibach 1.5" lowering springs, dimpled front and rear disc brake rotors and Torq-Thrust II 17" ARE wheels.
The Black Bird´s performance is very impressive, doing 0 to 60 mph in just 4.40 seconds, and turning the quarter mile in 12.87 seconds at 111 mph. The cat back 3 chambered exhaust system provides increased horsepower and an impressive note reminiscent of the late 1960´s muscle cars. The under-drive pulley system delivers 337 horsepower to the rear wheels. The dimpled rotors add additional cooling to the 4 wheel disc brakes, and the lowered suspension offers improved handling and control.
The Black Bird appearance package features dual 380 HP hood accent stripes, Black Bird Cloisonné hood and fender badging, Metallic Silver rear lower panel, all new silver face gauges on the instrument panel, nostalgic black shift ball, auto dimming rearview mirror with compass, Mobil 1 oil fill cap and decal, car cover and floormats with embroidered Black Bird logo.
Only 50 Black Birds were produced. Each car´s number is displayed on the windshield and rear view mirror, and is stamped on the engine and exhaust manifold. The Black Bird was only offered as a complete package, and only from Carl Black."

gmmg did their thing on the car. gmmg has had there hand on all the badass one-offs. blackbird ws6, berger ss & zl1 supercar to name a few. and of course the street terror also known as the dick harrell edition camaro.

Last edited by solidws6; 08-12-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added info on cars i'd kill for...no really...i'll do it.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Teching In

car is pure sex= http://www.firebirdgallery.com/4th%2...s/02ta38.1.jpg
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Cool thx for the info. I did not know about this car and from that pick you have there i will have to agree it is pure sex.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here's a couple of pics of what mine look like

Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered some custom ones from Fourth Circle Designs. Here are what mine look like.

Here is a close-up of the font I had setup.

Quick Reply: Stripe on ws6 hood ??