Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

VFN WSQ Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFN WSQ Hood

I know there are topics about this.... But I love the design except for one flaw. The heat extractors in the middle and on the sides of the hood is perfect. My only complaint is the nostril design. Does anyone know of a hood that has the WS6 style nostrils/hood with with the additional heat extractors?!? I've been searching around, and the closest thing I've seen was the Mecham hood, but the snout isn't high enough for my tastes. And plus I just love the WS6 design with the 4 openings.

And yes, I've also seen the WS9 Outlaw hood, but that doesn't have the heat extractors in the middle of the hood. Not a bad looking hood, and aside from the WSQ, it's my second option.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have found about all that exist at the moment. I have wanted one fairly similar to what you are describing. I pitched it to a few companys but no one bit. I'd like to see the WS6 nostrils with the Mecham heat extractors and the Firehawk/WS9 heat extractors all combined into one hood.

I'd even pay someone to custom make it but so far no one has shown any interest. Good luck man!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with ya on the way the nostrils are on the WSQ hood. Otherwise its perfect, im sure the nostrils have something to do with the functionality of it though
Old 09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

I've been looking at hoods, too, and I haven't found any really attractive options that retain the 4 holes. I prefer the nostrils be separate from the rest of the grille, too.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HellzAssassin
I know there are topics about this.... But I love the design except for one flaw. The heat extractors in the middle and on the sides of the hood is perfect. My only complaint is the nostril design. Does anyone know of a hood that has the WS6 style nostrils/hood with with the additional heat extractors?!? I've been searching around, and the closest thing I've seen was the Mecham hood, but the snout isn't high enough for my tastes. And plus I just love the WS6 design with the 4 openings.

And yes, I've also seen the WS9 Outlaw hood, but that doesn't have the heat extractors in the middle of the hood. Not a bad looking hood, and aside from the WSQ, it's my second option.
I was always a big fan of the Ws6 hood but if I were to ever switch I would do a Wsq hood!! Trick is to have some apperance mods to compliment the hood as well!
Attached Thumbnails VFN WSQ Hood-firebird-1-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: VFN WSQ Hood