Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

very wierd idle issue, PLEASE HELP HAHA!97 lt1 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default very wierd idle issue, PLEASE HELP HAHA!97 lt1 trans am

Hello guys, so havea wierd issue with my 97 trans am, it was doing it on and off a couple times now it hasnt gone back away, it starts up fine idles good then as soon as I let it roll outnof the driveway in neutral cause its a 6 speed, it wants to die until it stops rolling then gets back up to idle somewhat ok but not perfext the way it should, and it does the same thing when u drive if your at 50mph and put it in neutral while moving it will kinda idle real low then kinda wanna die until u come to a COMPLETE stop then jumps back up idling ok but still not tje way it should, car is built with all new stuff as well, it also doesnt really misfire at all when getting on it it just kinda pops and stutters a little bit when just driving regular at lower rpm speeds, im just kinda lost cause its not throwing any codes either but when I did unplug the mass air it changed the way it ran and the check engine came on but I went and took it down the street and seemed like it was still doing the wierd idle, and u can defintitly feel the ride quality difference and performance loss but no misfire really like I said, I would love any kinda ideas anyone may have and will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: very wierd idle issue, PLEASE HELP HAHA!97 lt1 trans am