Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

4th gen Dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 4th gen Dash

Anyone have one of those dash caps? Would like to see if they look decent. I would think at $150 someone could mold an original instead of a cover.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like good pieces. I have one but haven't found the time to install it yet.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you get these? That part of my dash is cracked (started as a small crack in the NC summer sun and it continues spreading across the panel). It bothers me but i don't know how to take that piece off and haven't found a how-to online. I want to take it off and resin/epoxy it back together and cover it in something like a smooth padded leather or vinyl (you know something similar to the material on the doors in the cars with leather seats)
Old 10-12-2013, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Philbo Baggins
Where do you get these? That part of my dash is cracked (started as a small crack in the NC summer sun and it continues spreading across the panel). It bothers me but i don't know how to take that piece off and haven't found a how-to online. I want to take it off and resin/epoxy it back together and cover it in something like a smooth padded leather or vinyl (you know something similar to the material on the doors in the cars with leather seats)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...brand-new.html

as for getting it out, remove the a-pillars (process is different between t-top and non t-top car) with the pillars out get something long and flat to slip in there and "pop" the velcro pads apart and pry up the retaining clips on the face closest to the steering wheel, if it is already busted expect it to break more during removal.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philbo Baggins
I got mine from 6LE, though you could also get it directly from Coverlay MFG who makes them.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Thank guys,

Quick Reply: 4th gen Dash