Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

door lock chime, battery drained

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default door lock chime, battery drained

Hi,

I have gotten a lot of info from this site and I just registered in the hopes that someone may be able to help with this.

I recently had my 2001 Trans Am [5.7 Ram Air, all options] towed to a radiator shop for an "estimate" which they promised to do if I would have it towed in. However, when they got the car, they refused to do the estimate and wanted me to sign a blank work order instead. Great guys.

When I would not sign the blank work order, the owner followed me outside and stated that he refused to work on the car and that I should have a "wrecker" come pick it up the next day.

I sent the same towing company to pick the car up the next day, and when he returned the car the battery was drained and would not start the car. He used a portable battery starter, which did start the car with a little difficulty.

I notice that the anti-lockout feature is weird now. In the past, if I tried to lock the doors with the key in the ignition it would chime three times, and the doors would not lock. Now, however, it chimes three times even if the key is not in the ignition [and the doors will not lock]. On the second try, it will work properly [no chimes] and the doors will lock.

If am wondering if this has anything to do with the drained battery? The battery was relatively new, and a high quality a.c. delco 6 yr. battery. It had been working perfectly up to the time the tow service got the car.

Any information or thoughts that might help me to figure out how to go about remedying the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Faithful regards,

Michael

Quick Reply: door lock chime, battery drained