Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

97 Firebird headlight door alignment problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Firebird headlight door alignment problem

Hello all,

I bought a 97 Pontiac Firebird Formula about one month ago. The driver's side headlight door is aligned perfectly but the passenger side headlight door sits proud of the hood at the back edge. The leading edge is fine, sitting level with the front bumper/nose assembly.

I've looked it over and can't really see what I can do to make it sit level with the hood.

Anyone out there have experience with this one or has ideas how I can adjust this?
Old 05-30-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by TomTom4049
Hello all,

I bought a 97 Pontiac Firebird Formula about one month ago. The driver's side headlight door is aligned perfectly but the passenger side headlight door sits proud of the hood at the back edge. The leading edge is fine, sitting level with the front bumper/nose assembly.

I've looked it over and can't really see what I can do to make it sit level with the hood.

Anyone out there have experience with this one or has ideas how I can adjust this?
I have the same issue on my 96 formula
Old 05-30-2014, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

if anything like the 98+ cars there should be a screw or 2 that hold the covers on (with a slotted section of the cover) loosen the screw(s) and get it in position then retighten.

I haven't looked that closely at the pre 98 cars so I don't know for sure if it's the same or not.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
if anything like the 98+ cars there should be a screw or 2 that hold the covers on (with a slotted section of the cover) loosen the screw(s) and get it in position then retighten.

I haven't looked that closely at the pre 98 cars so I don't know for sure if it's the same or not.
I finally tried that and it moved it a little but not as much as it needed. Finally I just flattened out my hand and pushed down on it squarely and it actually moved back into position, taking two tries to get it right. Now it looks really good. Thanks for the input and maybe my solution will work for someone else as well.

Happy motoring everyone!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Welcome new guys to LS1tech!

Please post questions about headlights in the headlights sticky above.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...s-go-here.html

Quick Reply: 97 Firebird headlight door alignment problem