Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

New converter and rear end... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New converter and rear end... now what?

Title says a lot she's hooked up with a Strange racing rear end and a RPM stage V 4l60e trans with a 3000 stall converter. I'm running 12.6214 in the 1/4, so now I'm thinking what's next. I'm debating between getting a C5 brake kit ( http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=218 shown here) or a Heads and Cam package that the shop that did the latest batch of work. Just wondering what you all think.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Since it seems like you are building more of a drag car I don't see the point of doing the C5 brake conversion.
The real advantages to the conversion are the stronger built calipers that wont spread when in extreme road race conditions when high speed braking multiple times. You will likely see no difference on the street.
If you want better braking get good pads like Hawk HPS and good blank rotors.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Since it seems like you are building more of a drag car I don't see the point of doing the C5 brake conversion.
The real advantages to the conversion are the stronger built calipers that wont spread when in extreme road race conditions when high speed braking multiple times. You will likely see no difference on the street.
If you want better braking get good pads like Hawk HPS and good blank rotors.
Alright thanks.

Quick Reply: New converter and rear end... now what?