Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Can you switch the high and low beam lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you switch the high and low beam lights?

My driver's low beam went out and no one carries it locally. I bought the LMC conversion but in the meantime, can I switch the high and low beam lights so I have 2 working low beams? I wasn't sure if the crappy low beams even had a different cutoff, or if the high beams just were physically mounted to be pointed higher. I don't want to blind people, but I plan on driving on the highway at night some and would like to be able to see well. I also wasn't sure if the socket somehow was different.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

not unless you hack up your wiring, they are the same physical size as the low beams but the size of the pins and there spacing on the wire pigtail are different, if you remove both from that side (where the burned out low beam is) you will see what I mean.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
not unless you hack up your wiring, they are the same physical size as the low beams but the size of the pins and there spacing on the wire pigtail are different, if you remove both from that side (where the burned out low beam is) you will see what I mean.
Damn. Well thanks anyways. Hopefully the new headlights will be here quickly. Too bad you can't get them with Amazon Prime.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

I looked at this a while ago myself before I completed my retrofit, when I had 2 high beams laying around because I had the BLS high beams installed but was still gathering parts for the BLS V2 low beam retrofit (bought a used V1 kit and the low beam projectors where roached out inside, but I got it for cheaper then the plates for all 4 would of costs so I'm not complaining).

Quick Reply: Can you switch the high and low beam lights?