Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

WS6 Rims/SLP LOOKALIKE Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up WS6 Rims/SLP LOOKALIKE Rims

Earlier post asked if there were WS6 chrome wheels ever made and by whom. I purchased a set from SLP IN EARLY 2001. They are identical to the factory 1998-2001 (early) rims. I still have them and have never mounted them. SLP told me they were purchased from GM and sent out to be chromed. GM told SLP that the GM logo had to be removed prior to chrome. The wheel part number was identical to the factory wheel as they were the same wheel, just modified. These wheels were not made in mass numbers in chrome and weren't big sellers. That's why SLP ran a special on them to exhaust inventories. The chrome wheels look twice as good as my factory polished rims which are mint and kept in the garage under cover. Just don't have the heart to change from original. These rims came with the option of the Firehawk center or a chrome plain center. Just thought I would clear this up.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

In addition to SLP, this wheel was also available in chrome as an aftermarket reproduction offered by at least one other retailer back in the early 2000s. I bought a set for my '00 WS6 in 2003 from a wheel retailer that is no longer in business, and they too were identical to the factory QF6 style wheel, other than being chrome and not having the GM logo embossed on the face.

I also agree that the chrome finish was vastly better looking than the factory polished/clear coated finish - even when brand new.

Quick Reply: WS6 Rims/SLP LOOKALIKE Rims