Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Fake Exhaust Tips for True Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake Exhaust Tips for True Dual Exhaust

Hey, has anyone left their exhaust tips in from a cat-back system with their tru-dual setup. Im thinking of getting a true dual exhaust setup from TSP but the Trans Am has those cutouts in the back bumper for exhaust tips to stick out. I personally think it looks bad to not have any tips in those slots. So has anyone fixed "fake" exhaust tips in those openings to make it look, what I consider, right? Want a true dual exhaust setup but don't want to leave those openings empty.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

People have done it, but I've always thought it was really stupid. I actually prefer the look of dumped duals on the TA. That's what I run and I love them; looks and sound.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in the same boat OP. I bought the exhaust tips just for looks but havent installed anything yet. Ive seen a few pics of no tips trans ams and they look ok i guess, but id rather have the tips. I think im gonna save up and buy an over the axle true exhaust instead of dumping it, or go to a shop and see how much theyd charge
Old 08-28-2015, 05:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought Corsa Clones off e-bay for cheap. Bought a cheap bend from the local auto parts store. Welded on a piece of flat iron to the end of the bend where it sweeps up. Then bolted the flat iron to the frame. Masked off the stainless steel and shot a light mist of flat black paint into the pipe. Most people assume the sound is coming from the tips. I just did it for the looks and it looks great. Granted their faked out. But it looks better to me than an empty hole.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900

Quick Reply: Fake Exhaust Tips for True Dual Exhaust