Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

which clock spring?

Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which clock spring?

hello all! im going a GM "corperate" steering wheel install in my 2000 SS camaro. i got a steel on my parts. corvette column for 45.00, steering wheel out of a saturn aura for 30 bucks. the wheel has paddle shifters. anyways im planning on using the paddles and running a TCI ez TCU. what clock spring are you guys running? the vette one was all mangled and wouldnt fit in the column to begin with. any help would be awesome!!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw your thread on FB but sorry I don't know what what clockspring you need... Have you taken the wheel apart to see if the buttons for the paddles are separate buttons with wires of if they're soldered to a board? If they're soldered to a board they would be communicating with the PCM/TCM via CANBUS. If you have any questions about setting up the TCI EZ TCU let me know, I'm running it with the TCI paddle shifters.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

how are you liking it?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

to answer your question there is no physical board in the wheel. just a plug connector that i modded to work with the TCU
Old 09-12-2017, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dans2000camaross
how are you liking it?
Its ok, It was easy to setup and easy to use, I just don't like how limited the settings are and I don't like the TCC lockup settings available, I'll be turning TCC off and only controlling it manually with a switch.

to answer your question there is no physical board in the wheel. just a plug connector that i modded to work with the TCU
Thats good to know.

Do you have plans for your speedo? I had to run a DD signal converter to get my PCM VSS info as the TCU uses up the VSS sensor and it cannot be shared.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Its ok, It was easy to setup and easy to use, I just don't like how limited the settings are and I don't like the TCC lockup settings available, I'll be turning TCC off and only controlling it manually with a switch.

Thats good to know.

Do you have plans for your speedo? I had to run a DD signal converter to get my PCM VSS info as the TCU uses up the VSS sensor and it cannot be shared.
i was hoping you would share your knowedge...with esquisite detail if you could.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was hoping you would share your knowedge...with esquisite detail if you could.
Haha It's been a while but I was able to take the signal output from the TCI EZ-TCU and use the dakota digital SGI-5e to convert that signal back to the a/c signwave signal that the PCM requires. If you look through the SGI-5E documentation I think it was application #7 or whatever the last application it was used for. VSS high cable is the one that is ised, VSS low is just a ground. Heres a couple links to when i was trying to figure it out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...plication.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...s1-f-body.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which clock spring?