Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

94 bird v6 LQ4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 bird v6 LQ4 swap

Hey everyone, im beginning my ls swap in my 94 v6 bird, 1st question is can i use my v6 k member with different mounts, or do i need a member from a later ls1 car? Tried search function didnt find what i needed to know, new to the forum and to f bodies in general haha. Any other tips or info would be great, i have tools and ability to fabricate some parts and pieces as well.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would find yourself a LS1 k-member and use new LS1 mounts, poly if it were me. You'll need the LS1 steering rack and steering knuckle. Hopefully you can find someone parting out a LS1 Fbody and you can pick up the k-member complete with steering rack and LS1 front brakes. If not you could use the brakes off of a '98-'02 V6 Fbody.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool you just listed off exactly what i thought i needed, i hadnt thought about the knuckles and stuff but i think ive located a couple yards with ls1 k members, complete with gear and everything else up to the struts. Wasnt sure if there was another way to go, i found some conversion mounts thru hooker headers but im not sure of fitment as i cant find any reviews on them. Thanks for the feedback soon as i get my hands on the k member parts i can start my swap, cars basically gutted so im ready to start the process. Hooker does list those mounts as fitting a 93-97 3.4 or 3.8 k member but claims you have to use the holley or hooker swap oil pan.

Quick Reply: 94 bird v6 LQ4 swap