Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Sunset Orange Metallic Accent Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunset Orange Metallic Accent Color

Hey guys,
This is my first post to the forum since I just bought an '02 WS6 Sunset Orange Metallic Trans Am. I picked it up from a guy in Tennessee and hauled it all the way back to Florida. It only has 40,000 miles and is the color I've always wanted, plus it's completely stock other than exhaust and some sway bars. I've been wanting a WS6 since I had a '98 Firebird back in high school, and this one is immaculate.

Anyways... Now that I've shared a little background about finally getting my dream car, I'm looking for some opinions on accent colors for the lettering and the engine bay. I'm pretty sure I want to do red in the engine bay but hoping that it doesn't clash too much with the orange paint. For the lettering on the exterior I've thought about black, silver, red, and even yellow. Black or silver may be a little too subtle and red or yellow might be too loud against the orange paint. So I'm not really sure what I'm going to do yet... But the sky is the limits!

Feel free to leave any comments and opinions and post pics if you have seen any SOM Trans Am's that look clean. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-28-2018, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Gunmetal gray
Old 02-28-2018, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Gunmetal gray or black.

I would go black myself
Old 03-01-2018, 08:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Always thought charcoal went well with the color, or something really out there like pairing it with a navy....

red would look kind of awkward against
that color I think
Old 03-01-2018, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice purchase. I'm a big orange fan myself. I would take it easy on the red in the engine bay. While my 'Atomic Orange' is a different shade than yours, it gives you an idea of red lettering in the engine compartment. A little is OK but too much might look odd. Black is the way to go IMO. It's the most striking against the orange, but again be careful as you don't want a 'jack o lantern' look. Just a few photos to get an idea.
Attachment 700019

Attachment 700020

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-29-2022 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice color choice.

I kept my stock exterior so far, but I'm considering gunmetal rims. For aftermarket parts I went red. I decided red so I can remember what parts I replaced. It was usually a choice of red or black for most, but black looks too stock for me. The only clash is on my fay's watts link that you can see from the outside. Pop the hood and you'll see my FSB is red. Other than that you have to be under the car to see the rest. LOL