Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2001 trans am ls1 t56 clutch will not engage

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 trans am ls1 t56 clutch will not engage

Ill start off by saying i have read and read the threads and cant really find anyone having the same issue i am having. I swapped my ls1 short block to a 2004 lq4 6.0 and used everything from the ls1 to put back together. The motor sounds fine other than needing tuned due to cam install. The issue i am having is my t56 will go through the gears just fine, but when i let out on he clutch it barley engages and turns the tires when it is on the lift. So little that i can stop it from turning by hand. The clutch is a spec that i had in the car before i took it out. I put a tick mater in the car while i had it apart. I have bled the clutch to where i believe all of the air is out of the lines. I seem to be having the opposite problem than everybody else on the forum as my trans shifts too smooth, lol it just wont engage the flywheel. H as anyone else had this issue. And also the tick master and arm is adjust to the bottom of its travel and with the clutch pedal depressed has plenty play and is not under pressure. Any help is appreciated. Like i said everything seems to working per say. just no engagement.