Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

What happened to my firebird? Help

Old 08-25-2018, 06:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What happened to my firebird? Help

Hello. One of these days after a heavy rain, I started to start my car in the morning and heard a terrible explosion in the engine, I immediately muffled the engine, and within a few minutes, all the engine oil began to flow out from under the car. As it became known later, under the car I found pieces of the block of cylinders, anything that can help my car, it's just a replacement for the engine. The mileage was 49,000 miles, nothing foreshadowed troubles, I do not understand how this could happen. Maybe someone had this or someone knows the reason? Perhaps someone knows how to deliver a cheaper new LS1 or LS2 engine, since I'm in Kyiv, Ukraine. Thank you in advance for your answers and I apologize for my english.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn that sucks. Ive heard of guys hydrolocking engines after heavy rain, and the back of the hood allowing water to get into the engine bay, and then old intake gaskets allowing the water to get into the combustion chamber and then boom, hydrolock.

As for a replacement engine i don't know about your area. You might be able to find a truck variant for cheap and swap it in.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow that´s sick. Dont know the market or situation for US car and parts in Ukraine. Here is Sweden there is plenty of business related to US cars.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my, that sucks, all the best finding a engine to swap.

Search this Thread