Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Looking at a 95 Firebird for Parts or Possible Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Looking at a 95 Firebird for Parts or Possible Project

Ok so here is my question... What size are the driveshaft bolts???(I assume it has a stock rearend) I'm using a tow dolly and this car is auto, so gotta pull the driveshaft(it's a 2hr drive). Got a trans plug and will tape/ziptie it in after, just gonna pull the whole shaft instead of tie it up out of the way. All after i drive it on the dolly of course(also bringing a jack and stands, +tools).

Guy said it has a bit of rust but honestly I am buying it more for the drivetrain and parts(sub frame connectors, th350 mount & driveshaft loop).

Never had a 4th gen but plenty of Thirdgens. Any advice on what to check or look out for on the body/chassis of these cars?

Old 07-13-2024, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Also what size are the lug nuts? It has stock wheels, so should be stock size socket. Just in case...
Old 07-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
There are only 4 bolts that hold the rear u joint on the rear end yoke. You will need an 11mm box end wrench. Remove those bolts and the 2 straps. will probably have to use a screwdriver to pry the u joint out of the yoke. The driveshaft will then just pull out of the tranny. Don't overtighten the bolts when reinstalling. Pay attention how tight they are when removing them and just snug them up pretty good on the reinstall.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...l-install.html

Good thing i found that thread, the reg/short wrench kit i was gonna bring does not have an 11mm

[edit] Well if they are talking 4th gen and i know this isn't a 4th gen specific forum but most here were/started
Old 07-31-2024, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Oh and it was 11mm, as i said my wrench kit skipped over 11m. It's Home Depot Husky kit fyi

Quick Reply: Looking at a 95 Firebird for Parts or Possible Project