Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

caught someone breaking into my WS6

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I had been there! Quote: my statement to the cops " The car thief attacked my friend and he was in grave danger for his life! It is lucky he was not killed trying to defend himself. Lucky for him he has a rare genetic disorder that does not allow him to briuse or bleed. That is way he does not have a scratch on him." "Yes officer I will swear to that in court!"

Seriously, that sucks that you went to jail.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

u should be able to get some money out of him for the vandalism i would think, at least money from ur insurance. what kind of alarm is that, i want one?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Teching In

I had someone just shatter my back glass. Did not break it just shattered. I do not know who did it, but the same thing happen to my driverside window. It was almost like it was a prank. Anyway I paid about 300 dollars for my rear hatch window to be installed at a local glass shop. Military perk. And another 200 dollars to do my window. At the same time I had them replace my window motor. That was a very expensive month.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

i'm guessing he has a compustar alarm.. on of the best on the market.. built in remote start and turbo timer if your F.I. plus your keyfob shows you what sensor is going off.. its a bad bitch
Old 10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I pitty the foo that I catch trying to steal my car. What kind of alarm was that, I need a better one
Old 10-07-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
So... a guy breaks into your car and tries to steal it... you give him LESS than what he deserves... and he has the ******* nerve to press charges!?!?!?!??! Jesus Christ our system is so ******* fucked up. Seriously, reading your story and how you got put in jail and had to be bailed out just pisses me off to no end. Makes me realize how stupid our authorities are. I'd say they're no better than the dipshit who broke into your car.

And for your comment I say you are no better than the guy who broke into his car. How is it that the authorities are stupid? Because they did their job? Because they followed the rules? They cant ignore his request to press charges. He was beat up, the guy who beat him up was there so they had to arrest him. He'll get his day in court and then the judge will decided if it was justified or excessive.

Now before you go off on a flying rant I am in no way saying that the criminal should get off or anything of that such but you cant continue to beat someone. If I had caught someone breaking into my car Im sure I'd be in the same pridicament as LSWonder but I would not start ranting off about how the authorities are ignorant.

LSWonder, what brand if your alarm?

I have two pager alarms One I got a few years back (Probably pretty obsolete by now) and a newer one Im hoping to install on my 02.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trans Am WS6 RGS

And for your comment I say you are no better than the guy who broke into his car. How is it that the authorities are stupid? Because they did their job? Because they followed the rules? They cant ignore his request to press charges. He was beat up, the guy who beat him up was there so they had to arrest him. He'll get his day in court and then the judge will decided if it was justified or excessive.

Now before you go off on a flying rant I am in no way saying that the criminal should get off or anything of that such but you cant continue to beat someone. If I had caught someone breaking into my car Im sure I'd be in the same pridicament as LSWonder but I would not start ranting off about how the authorities are ignorant.

LSWonder, what brand if your alarm?

I have two pager alarms One I got a few years back (Probably pretty obsolete by now) and a newer one Im hoping to install on my 02.

Ever dyno your 00' ? Sorry that's abit off topic.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering what alarm you have too!! I need one of those badboys... I've seen cheap ones on ebay but I don't want to waste my money on crap
Old 10-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trans Am WS6 RGS

And for your comment I say you are no better than the guy who broke into his car.

I agree in the sense that "the law is the law" and going beyond defending your property or self is against the law.

However....

I think these damn laws need to be changed! I hate people that steal!!!

A guy I know that is from Texas said that it is legal to shoot someone that is breaking into your car!?!?!

Not sure if that is a real law or not, but i'm all for making it one if it's not!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
So... a guy breaks into your car and tries to steal it... you give him LESS than what he deserves... and he has the ******* nerve to press charges!?!?!?!??! Jesus Christ our system is so ******* fucked up. Seriously, reading your story and how you got put in jail and had to be bailed out just pisses me off to no end. Makes me realize how stupid our authorities are. I'd say they're no better than the dipshit who broke into your car.
I couldnt agree more. Thats just crazy to me. Im so mad right now.....
Old 10-15-2004, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

For the alarms i see some people asked about them Compu-STAR is a great one and the Matrix line by Clifford is a great one. I have installed these things for a company and on the side, and those are the top two when it comes to security and remote start. both are two way pagers, that show every sensor, they transmit and receive signals. they will tell you if a door is open, that the car is running, what glass if any is broke what window is down, both have the turbo mode, there are so many things that they can do. but i will warn, if you have never installed one of these before they are in depth. you are looking at a good 3-4 hour install time. cant go wrong with either of those units. and as for the starter of this thread, it sucks that that had to happen. i think you were totally in the right and shoulda beat him some more. people these days make me sick. hopefully all works out well, and you get everyrhing fixed and taken care of. good luck man - keep us posted.

Mike
Old 10-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam's89FormulaLS1

Oh, and you or your insurance company ARE pressing charges on him for vandalism and recouping the cost of the damage to your hatch, RIGHT???!!!???
agreed!!

so this guy had the nerve and stupidity to say it was his car!? ****, i woulda broke his neck..
Old 10-16-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I am running a clifford 2-way alarm, i am not certain wat model it is but they only have one or two 2 way model alarm systems. It ran me about 250.00 with a lil discount at fry's electronics back in arlington, tx. Oh btw. the judge dismised my case and said i was protecting my porperty and that they found a double sided blade on the suspect so, i was just keeping myself safe. My insurance company didnt press charges on him but paid for my new glass without rasing my insurance.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Teching In

I would do the same if I caught anyone breaking into my cars...
Old 10-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Camaros and Trans Ams are incredibly easy to break in because of the window design..its quite a shame. One of my friends told me to come outside of our bball game once hes like check the system out in this TA. He was like..Check this out ill bei nand out in a minute. Me being the big LS1 fan I am slapped the **** outta him and drug his *** back inside..friend or not that is bs and cars arent **** you should mess with.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

my lil bro works at frys electronics in arlington,tx and can get 100.00 of any alarm
Old 10-26-2004, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Thats the way to do it!
Old 10-26-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what a worthless system we have. If it was me i'd of had no remorse shooting the guy. Its a sad day when criminals can steal your property then sue you when you try to take it back. And whats with the cops giving two ***** about your N20 system. At least you f'ed him up
Old 10-26-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go boston
Old 10-27-2004, 04:39 AM
12 Second Club

Oh thats great. A guy is protecting his property and gets arrested for having nitrous. F'in cops. BTW, GOOD KILL!

Quick Reply: caught someone breaking into my WS6