Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

soon to be new WS6 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah true, my dream car was a 2000 camaro ss because it is more sleeper, but you really cant pass on a deal like this when it comes along because i could never afford this car at full price. thats why i was looking at 5.slows lol
Old 03-20-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, it was too good to be true.

I drove from chicago to detroit to look at the car. The wheelbase measurement was 1/2" shorter on the right side the the left (techincally the left should be a hair shorter to compensate for road crown) Took a bunch of strut tower measurements and stuff. What I found out was not only was the strut tower crunch into the upper control arm, keeping the suspension from compressing, but the crash also pushed the entire strut tower back almost a full inch. The frame rail wasn't bad at all. The front 3-4" were tweaked, but it wans't a hard fix. Overall the drivetrain would have needed to be dropped out and the strut tower replaced in order to make the car right. Thats a lot more work that I wanted to get involved in so I walked away from it and got my deposit back. It also would not crank over. I put the Tech2 on it and it showed that the manual shaft on the trans was selected into 3rd gear. I wasn't about to crawl in muddy gravel and try to get that fixed so it could run, because i had already seen the damage.

Well I've got a lead on a '95 Mustang GT that was traded into my friends work. The car is flawless body wise. I needs a clutch (bad throwout bearing), tires, and an exhaust. He says he can get it for $2500 so I'm gonna jump on that. One day an F-body will be sitting in my driveway. I guess today is not that day.

Thanks for all your help guys! A lot of you have e-mailed me with requested for VIN info. I have full access to that so if anybody else needs vin info on their car, let me know.

Later
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear. I hope someone rescues that car. If I didn't already have one (and were in that area), I'd take it as a project.

Quick Reply: soon to be new WS6 owner