Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Corvette Wave....wish it were so

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ususally i just throw a rev or two, or beep. i dont have time ot take my hand of the wheel. most of the time i dont get a response. prolly cause im in a 3rd gen, and people think that im like most and just bought the car cause it was cheap.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Crovax WS-6
ususally i just throw a rev or two, or beep. i dont have time ot take my hand of the wheel. most of the time i dont get a response. prolly cause im in a 3rd gen, and people think that im like most and just bought the car cause it was cheap.
word

same here
Old 03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Vette gave me a peace sign the other day on the 405, might be because of the plate. Damn his car was fast... Don't ask...
Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I'd wave back. I'm a very focused driver, and sometimes I don't see the wave until it's too late. I think it's a nice gesture to wave at others with cool cars...be it a Firebird, Camaro, or whatever.

Yup, that sounds about the same here, I'm never paying attention right away! and for heavens sakes its not because us gals never look!! Someone said that to me once...hmmm maybe it is true with some, but I have been waved to a couple times...I usually try to get a hand up quick...ahhh hehe Especially when I'm cruising around But funny enough I usually get more acknowledgments from Corvette drivers! That and at gas stations....
Old 03-19-2005, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

I usually wave whenever I see an F-body...although I usually only wave at the nicer looking ones...doesn't matter which gen. as long as it is clean.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psykoTA
I wave to other American car people. Corvettes, TA, Camaros, 'cudas, etc.

The wave is the same thing among riders. Whenever I pass bikes, I drop the hand. Regardless of bike.
I usally only wave to bikes. Damn rockets never wave back. I didn't know about the vette wave, but I do now. I will give a nod to a nice car though.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Muffracing
I usally only wave to bikes. Damn rockets never wave back. I didn't know about the vette wave, but I do now. I will give a nod to a nice car though.
Ya, there are people that are arrogant on both sides, whether jap bikes or american bikes. I wave to whoever. The honda I got is decent, though I am looking for a Harley, but not for the reasons that all these rich urban bastards have one. I just like loud and american . For me, its all about the ride, not what you ride. " Live to ride, ride to live"
Old 03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
NKAWTG...N

when im in the vette i try and wave when i see another vette. i also notice most of the c5 owners don't know about the wave or something, in the c4 or lower i get alot more responses back. for example yesterday i was out in the c5 saw a nice blue z06 and waved, the dude was on the cell and i get a little nod back. i think most of the people are afraid of waving and then getting ignored, so they wont initiate the wave...if that makes sense. haven't tried waiving to Fbodies when im in the camaro though.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:11 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I always flip a thumbs up to other F bodies. Same to older muscle cars, vipers and vettes. most of the time I dont get a responce maybe its because im 16 and people think my formula is a v6. I wish more people would do the wave/thumbs up

Quick Reply: Corvette Wave....wish it were so