Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Traction control

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Transcoupled
It sounds like the car with the TCS is a better buy anyway with less miles, a few mods......etc.......I wouldn't mind paying a little more if its worth it.
Problem is I have no clue what "worth it" is for this vehicle. Sure, it has lots of mods and low miles, but how much is too much? Know what I mean?

Guess I'm just saying I don't know how to price a car that is modded. I can go off KBB or Edmunds, but aren't modded cars worth more?

EDIT: Also basically asking: How do I tell what this car is worth, mods and all? So many mods looking up each and every one would take a LONG time..

Last edited by WarBird69; 12-07-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

no modded cars ussually arent worth more in most cases...mods don't add to the value IMO..it only tells me the car has been beat etc.. I prefer to do my own mods and not buy someone elses mistakes and not know if everything was done correct etc.. Im a picky guy though, very picky.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't drive in snow--not much rain either,but I leave it on all the time unless I am gonna get on it for awhile..in rain,it is great in my experience.saves you from spinning and sliding around corners.I would get the car with the most options...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

The last time I left it on (forgot) I finally lined up at a light with an Evo and my car was seriously lagging. This was back when my car was stock. At the end of 3rd I had 1.5 cars and started to pull more.

I didn't realize till after the race that the tc was on and I'd have done a bit better.

It has never once helped me.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

TCS: Invalulable int he rain saved my *** many times, however int he snow, its worthless, just like abs.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WarBird69
Problem is I have no clue what "worth it" is for this vehicle. Sure, it has lots of mods and low miles, but how much is too much? Know what I mean?

Guess I'm just saying I don't know how to price a car that is modded. I can go off KBB or Edmunds, but aren't modded cars worth more?

EDIT: Also basically asking: How do I tell what this car is worth, mods and all? So many mods looking up each and every one would take a LONG time..
I understand............well from the other posts it seems like 50 people like it (TCS) and 50 don't. I don't necessarily agree that a modded car is a beaten car although I can understand what you are saying. Most of the cars on this site are modded including mines (barely) and I bet most don't consider their car "beaten" I don't consider my car to be beaten, and if your a meticulous person like you say you are, I'm sure you don't consider your car to be beaten. Even though my car is modded I still baby it and keep up on maintenence and what not and I'm sure you do too. I guess you just have to look at each car/situation differently. My last opinion is that if this decision doesn't sit well with you or you think you are going to regret it then try to find something that will make you feel like you made the right decision. I know if I have any doubts about a car I am going to spend my hard earned money on, then I will walk away and find one that I feel better about. There are plenty of cars out there.....take your time...........! Hope my ranting helps.....lol......

Last edited by Transcoupled; 12-07-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

tcs has saved my *** in the rain plenty of times. I dont find it annoying at all... all you gotta do is push it off whenever you get in a race, very simple.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

forgive me , but where is the traction control button/ switch ? i find that when i do a burn out or i drop the m6 to a lower gear in " high RPM situations" , the "low Trac" light comes on. Problem is , i do not know where the Switch is ( or if my car even has the traction control option)
Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ehatcher
forgive me , but where is the traction control button/ switch ? i find that when i do a burn out or i drop the m6 to a lower gear in " high RPM situations" , the "low Trac" light comes on. Problem is , i do not know where the Switch is ( or if my car even has the traction control option)
the light always comes on no matter what, equipped unequipped, on off etc.

if you have it you woudl know, its a little grey switch next to the cigerrete lighter that says "TCS" on it, if you have a hole there you dont have traction control.

or if you have a camaro..i beleve its called acs..i tihnk, and i tihnk its located near the headlight controls.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hi im new here

ummm before maybe a month i tested a TA with TCS and it manual

when i turned it on the car start burning in straight line with smooth shifting

when i turn it off the car just move like a snake in the street with very hard shifting

i cant even shift fast to 2nd gear

i didnt ask the owner cuz it was for sale

but he had a problem with the tranny's mount's

peace
Old 12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

i woudl liek to help you but i cant understand waht your saying., anyone able to translate?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heheheheh man i dont need a help

Quick Reply: Traction control