Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Headlights stuck again.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006 | 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights stuck again.......

Both my damn headlights are stuck up again, after I got it back from the shop. Also I have some water in the bright headlight pass side. Do I have to have the dealer do it for me? Or is it simple to order the parts and do it? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2006 | 07:36 PM
'Bird Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

You might check the fuses. I blew a fuse once while swapping out a bulb somewhere on my car (can't remember which one). My headlights were stuck up, and the blown fuse was the cause. I remember it was one of the 20 amp fuses in the end of the dashboard.

As far as moisture in your high beam, that's as easy as buying a new headlight. Us 'bird owners still have the "old style" bulbs where the whole thing gets tossed when it goes bad. If you do end up replacing one high beam, I'd go ahead and replace the other one too. Otherwise, you'll probably have one that is much brighter than the other. That's only if it bothers you. I rarely use my high beams, so it probably wouldn't bother me as much unless it was the low beams. I did have that happen to me, and I couldn't handle one low beam being brighter than the other
Old 01-04-2006 | 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, ill check the fuses see if thats whats going on. I dont have stock headlights so I cant toss it, Ill figure something out.
Old 01-06-2006 | 08:21 AM
'Bird Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Thanks, ill check the fuses see if thats whats going on. I dont have stock headlights so I cant toss it, Ill figure something out.
Was it a fuse?

Quick Reply: Headlights stuck again.......