lock this. its a repost anyways.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bird's dead....goats live
Old 04-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

A part of me hopes that they someday do and a part of me hopes they don't. Pontiac would probably just screw it up anyway if they did.

As far as Lutz, that's what he says now. That may change back and forth over the next 5 years. It may have changed since he said it. Noone knows we just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the hell outta my 99 f-body, whilst I save for the 2010 Camaro!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BTTM
A part of me hopes that they someday do and a part of me hopes they don't. Pontiac would probably just screw it up anyway if they did.

As far as Lutz, that's what he says now. That may change back and forth over the next 5 years. It may have changed since he said it. Noone knows we just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the hell outta my 99 f-body, whilst I save for the 2010 Camaro!
well said
Old 04-30-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMWS62001
well said
++10!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

So much for your last post here, eh?

As if it wasn't obvious and predictable given your behavior and **** poor attitude. Yes, it's no wonder we have the situation we have, thanks to people like you. It's really a simple matter of self control - if these threads irritate you so much, don't click on them. Crazy concept, I know. (But that assumes you aren't simply more interested in trying to lock it so that nobody else can discuss it)
Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I think what chaman is trying to say is we've all heard or read Bob Lutz's comment that the Firebird isn't coming back, and that we're just spinning our wheels so to speak by continuing to hash over a dead topic. Lutz never said the Camaro was dead, and obviously it's not.

I hate to single out the Camaro guys from the Firebird guys. Some of us here (including me) are both Camaro & Firebird guys.
Whether you hate to differentiate or not, there is a difference, and they are separate groups.

The point that is being missed is quite simply that the comments Putz made came about rather recently. People were screaming bloody murder for the ecno-box from chevy the instant it was announced it was going away. We on the other hand, have to deal with people like chaman, shutting anyone down who wants to get support going.

It's really no wonder things are the way they are. And it *is* because the camaro guys are behaving differently.

Of course, Putz is trying to kill Pontiac, but that aside, money is money, and if the demand were there, it too would be back. Just like the camaro - which didn't go away for lack of sales (otherwise it wouldn't be back at all).

If it worked for one, it can work for another, even if it's later in the game. And there's no harm in trying. Well, aside from *certain* people who feel the need to come in and start slinging insults and acting childish, to try to get a thread locked and thereby shuteveryone down, kinda like a religious zealot who doesn't like the idea of people listening to something he personally doesn't care for.

I don't know why it's so difficult for people who don't have any interest in seeing it's return, to just stay out and leave us alone, instead of taking it upon themselves to barge in and generally act the fool. Kinda goes against the idea of unity that you referred to above too. There should be nothing but support for the idea, not the negativity that is constantly thrown around - even by Firebird owners no less.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:41 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, so who want's sent to the principal's office?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Launching!

quote: Of course, Putz is trying to kill Pontiac, but that aside, money is money, and if the demand were there, it too would be back. Just like the camaro - which didn't go away for lack of sales (otherwise it wouldn't be back at all).

well your logic is somewhat scewed though. the fact is that gm could have been losing money on the car. sports cars started taking a hit in 1999 or so when s u v's started getting so popular. companies were selling a much greater amount of them and pickups than they were sports cars. the demand for certain types of vehicles is very cyclical you know. one year people want one thing the next they want another. as much as i love the camaro and firebird i was pretty disappointed when i found out the only metal in the body of mine was the very thin rear quarter panels. most of the older camaros that have a good amount of mileage on them start to look like crap with out constant repainting. there are a great number of reasons i wouldn't buy another camaro in the 2000 range of years. i hope that when they do come out the are a little more sturdy than they were. ofcourse the ls1 is great but that was honestly the best part of the car. my point is that i lost interest in them as many other people i know did. sales did slip although i can't say that is why they stopped making them. but it is entirely possible that they stopped making them because of low profits only to see the cycle coming back around to sports car excitement once again. and then they were late for dinner with all the others beating them to the main course.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

At least my post on the same article got better more postive replys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-edition-vehicles/493705-camaro-gto-trans-am-article.html

Quick Reply: The GTO is officially dead, and rumors of a new TA