Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Fabric Covered dash?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fabric Covered dash?

Have any of you covered the dashes of yours cars with anything? Specifically alcantra-esque thin suede type material? Normally I would just clean off and wipe down the stock dash but there are a few small cracks and hot glue marks that a previous owner glued down something, probably a radar detector or something.

Keep in mind this is a '00 dash in a 91 TA which I haven't put in yet so it'd still going to be easy to get covered. Upholstry shops my best bet?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmm sounds like an interesting idea, if I was you talk to one of the new car dealerships that has a used car section and ask them who does their work on their used cars, usually they do good work and are cheap
Old 05-14-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Car dealerships? When do they cover dashes and stuff?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:26 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iansane
Car dealerships? When do they cover dashes and stuff?
Dealerships have cars repaired for sale all the time. Be it a new car that arrived damaged (i.e. a rock chip in the paint or glass), or a used car that has a few problems (i.e. worn apolstery stitching or paint/glass issues).

Many businesses travel from dealership to dealership, and don't really service the general public unless asked. I once had the windshield in my '88 Camaro repaired after a rock chip. I was given the name of a guy that went around to local dealerships to fix windshield rock chips. I believe it was even the local dealership who gave me his number.

My point being is you might have good luck finding one of these niche shops to take care of your dash.

Quick Reply: Fabric Covered dash?