Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

head turner??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you expect you drive a trans am.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm a bit older then some of the posters here, but I couldn't care less if anyone saw my car, or was impressed or anything. I drive my car, modfiy the engine, add graphics/overlays/whatever, so that I like how it looks/sounds, not how anyone else does. I tinted the windows, both so that it looks goos to ME, and so no one can see me driving it. I don't want attention, especially when you're busting the speed limit somewhere. Once in a while when I get a compliment or good remark, it makes me feel proud, but not as proud as the feeling I give myself after a good wash and wax. And FYI, my gold 78 TA gets ALOT more looks then my black 02 Ram Air ever does.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '98 T/A gets some great looks and comments. I am definately the "cool Dad" when I pick my son up from middle school too. Last week I was asked if I had a new paint job...no, paint is original, never garaged or covered, with 184,000 miles. That is American quality...show me an old Honda that can say that!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude Firebirds are just pimp like that, I have a black 97 WS6 and its just wicked looking, people always give me compliments on how mean it looks.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
And FYI, my gold 78 TA gets ALOT more looks then my black 02 Ram Air ever does.
That is so true, I have a 65 impala SS too and people give me thumbs up and just stare at my car, but if I am in the WS6 people just give me dirty looks like man that jerk has that car or stuff like that
Old 08-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Launching!

yea..i live right outside of richmond virginia...pretty redneck, but my girl friend lives in king and queen county..wich is like damn...nearest neighbor is about a mile away..so all u see there is trucks..so when they see my car...they think smokey and the bandit....i just tell them its fast....
Old 08-03-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love the looks I get especially when im driving with the top down. I get random people giving me thumbs up in parking lots. Favorite though is when little kids see it, their eyes light up
Old 08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

big cam, true duals and headers... it turns heads, but then they see the car and i have actually had people ask me what was wrong with it! some people think it has a big block under the hood. my car is not "flashy" by any means, but the sound makes em look.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Regular

I was waiting at a stop light to turn left behind a few cars not to long ago, This guy pulled up in a dakota and was trying to get my attention. The light turns green I take off and so does this guy giving me a thumbs up, I look in my rear view mirror too see him rearending a minivan. I wasn't sure wether I should laugh or feel sorry.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

I have a stock black '02 WS6 Trans Am. There are about 2 other black WS6 T/A's around here that I can recall, 1 red Firehawk, and I've seen 1 red non-WS6 T/A and 1 silver Formula (LS1). So there aren't too many around.

But it's odd though. Sometimes I get serious attention, sometimes I swear it's invisible. I don't know what it is.

One day, driving home from work, windows up, a/c on, minding my own buisness, I see a Porsche 911 come around a corner heading the opposite direction on a 2 lane road. Instinctually I start watching it as it goes by, then I see 2 *hot* chicks in it, and they were checking *my* car out. lol

I've gotten the occasional smile, or yell too.

The best so far was a nice clear day, right after waxing it, that I went for a trip and had just about _every_ car I passed checking me out. On the way back home, there was a green sedan with a hottie in the passenger seat. I was trying to get a look at her, and her b/f (the driver) happened to look over at me right when I was at his door, and he looked right into my mirrored shades. As I got past him, I saw him give me the finger in my rear-view.

Then this california-plated riced out civic loaded with people was staring. Later I pulled up behind a Ford SUV with tinted windows and was behind it for awhile due to other traffic. While we were crusing along, I saw a flash just behind the rear window, pointed at me. Someone took a picture of it they apparently liked it so much.

But yet, other times, like I said, it seems it's nearly invisible. Except to cops, which is the bad part.

Sometimes I get a little self concious about the huge wing and 4 gaping holes in the nose of the car. I can't help but wonder if people think "rice" when they see it. Not always, just sometimes. lol
Old 08-04-2006, 10:33 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm probably one of the few that gets that reaction from F-body guys with a pretty much stock car... some people look at my WS6 like they just saw Bigfoot or something.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ARFFormula
But I have had a bit of ribbing from work...like "You should put the Night Rider nose light on it dude" and "I aint riding in that thing...I don't have a mullet and don't listen to REO Speedwagon"

Oh well...there will always be those that appreciate our cars, and others who don't. I don't care really.

No, hell naw man... I believe you'd get your *** kicked for saying something like that!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
And FYI, my gold 78 TA gets ALOT more looks then my black 02 Ram Air ever does.

My WS6 gets ALOT more attention than my 69 mopar. There are alot of older cars on the roads here though, not so many 98-02 Trans Ams though.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

That's just because it's a Mopar.

My
Old
Pig
Ain't
Running

Quick Reply: head turner??