Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I'm going to miss this thing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is tough, is it messed up taking my dads help though?

Last edited by 'Trust'; 08-05-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would it be messed up?? He is after all your father, no matter how old you are. Unless you have something against recieving help from others then no its not messed up. If anything, he could give you some advice and you could take it or leave it. Either way, the moral of the story here is that everyone on this site obviously wants you to keep your car, and hopefully we can all steer you in the right direction... GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Messed up is relying on your family on a regular basis- getting in the habit of having someone else clean up your messes.
Getting a rare helping hand, though, that's completely different.

okay, yeah, the bimmer makes more sense if you're going down-payment- couldn't get much of one for 6 grand total.
Even though I make payments on my 01 TA (first time I've had a loan for anything), I'm still used to thinking of buying cars with a wad of hundreds

-sectari
Old 08-06-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keeping your car is the important thing....do u forget tthey dont make these anymore?...and itll cost u alot more to get another one?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

I'll ask him if the offer still stands Monday, and if it does, I guess go from there. Thanks guys
Old 08-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Heres what I'd do, keep the car, and just ask Dad for some help with the money... Anyways- keep the car, if not there will be some lucky person getting a nice car.
Yeah, when I saw it was for sale I immediately called a friend. We were going to go down and check it out but we didn't hear back from 'Trust.' I've followed some of his threads over the past couple of years and he's worked hard getting that car to where it is. Think of the cost of all those mods ... it'd just be throwing all that to the winds to sell it now for that cheap.

Trust, keep it and get some of the value out of all that money by driving it! Talk to dad. Otherwise, you will not have a problem finding a buyer.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Yeah, when I saw it was for sale I immediately called a friend. We were going to go down and check it out but we didn't hear back from 'Trust.' I've followed some of his threads over the past couple of years and he's worked hard getting that car to where it is. Think of the cost of all those mods ... it'd just be throwing all that to the winds to sell it now for that cheap.

Trust, keep it and get some of the value out of all that money by driving it! Talk to dad. Otherwise, you will not have a problem finding a buyer.
Sorry man, I thought I got back to everybody, my bad. Thanks for the understanding though! The cost in mods is what was killing me, 2k for the new motor, 2k for H/C, 2.5k for the tranny, 1.5k wheels/tires, 3k in suspension, 400 intake, 400 in a tune, not to mention the labor cost of installing the motor. Theres so much more too.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I know, man ... that's my point. You've got way more money invested in mods alone (forget the car!) than you were asking for the car. The only way to recoup any of that is to hold on to it and drive it for a few years. You've put all that into it; it sounds like it's an awesome car - enjoy it for a few years, but keep your foot out of it on the street! If you go ahead and sell, believe me, others won't have a hard time seeing the value there.

Quick Reply: I'm going to miss this thing.