Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Its the Batmobile!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHA that is funny stuff but then again i could see a black TA as the new batmobile ...maybe those little kids are on to something
Old 08-14-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyEight
I get kind of annoyed at this point and walk up to this lady. I proceed to tell her "lady, first off, its a camaro. secondly, i didnt rev at your kid, i my car is loud, and i was going over a speed bump. third, if youre ten year old child is STILL afraid of loud noises sometimes caused by automobiles, you have alot more to worry about than whether or not you want lettuc eon youir sandwich".
That is Hilarious, I bet that lady got embarrassed, I hope my kids grunt like Tim Allen or something when they hear cars rev up, geez 10 years old eh? future Civic driver
Old 08-14-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the "batmobile" comment too.... and my car is white
Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

i've never got the batmobile compliment before but i always get one from people at stop lights... its even a habit to turn my music down for i can hear them.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
That is Hilarious, I bet that lady got embarrassed, I hope my kids grunt like Tim Allen or something when they hear cars rev up, geez 10 years old eh? future Civic driver
Old 08-15-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ZeeTwentyEight- thats a hilarious story but strange most people know what a Camaro is but have no idea what a Trans Am is at least in my experience

I get the "batmobile" comment too.... and my car is white
wabmorgan just like i said i dont know either mines either green in the sun or blue in the shade but definitely not ever black
Old 08-15-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Never been called the Batmobile. But I like Batman anyways so it wouldn't bother me lol
Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure that black T/A get the "BATMOBILE" comment more often. I think we get the comment due to the over-all shape of the car. I've never seen the comment as an insult.... I like it... even if mine is white.

Btw, check out this thread... forth pic down, No wonder he gets the "Batmobile" comment. (Very COOL btw.)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=batmobile

I wonder if the owner ever wore a Batman costume on Holloween??? If so, I'm sure that got some weird looks when he got out of the car.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

my car is black but unfortunately its never been called a batmobile
Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

The other night I went to pump gas in my 01 ws6 and there was this guy asking for money at the gas station, so I gave a couple of quarters and then he just kept on walking around the car and staring at it. Then he starts talking in a luod tone ,it's a ram air right and he said this like 5 times. And then when I turned it on(I had the cutout open) he starts yelling something and when I took off he kept on yelling and doing the burnout sign with his hands. So I just stepped on the gas a little and when I looked through my rearview mirror he was in the middle of the street doing signs with his hands. It was crazy.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

My car is black with black torq trust II's and one day me and my buddy went to the track to record the races. When I got home, I realized that the announcer said in one of the races. "On the left line here comes blah blah blah and on the right line here comes batman and the batmobile" (just had the foglights on and it was at night. Another guy at work asked me: "When are you going to drive the batmobile to work?" I just started laughing since many people say that..
Old 08-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

I have gotten that from people. Is that a good or bad thing though?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, im the owner of the batmobile that won the award, never been called the batmobile 'cept in my blue/green chameleon 96 firebird, . . oh yea, the guys at work call me bruce wayne, . . .
Old 08-17-2006, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Does this count? I was driving around with my friend in the car. I gave it some throttle when he wasn't expecting it and he turned to me and said "Holy g-forces, Batman!"
Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

[ oh yea, the guys at work call me bruce wayne, . . .[/QUOTE]

Please don't feel bad dude... at work they call me Michael Knight
Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I started my car up one time when a Woman with a child was walking behind my car and the kid started crying. I am proud to say my car makes small children cry.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Im right there with You guys, I always get people telling me My car looks like the Batmobile and always... I mean always Knightrider. My chick also says My car looks like a bird. The most bizarre compliment came from a middle aged woman who sped up just to ask what kind of car it was and she really liked it...MILF. Other than that, pretty much wherever I go I get people telling Me how good My car sounds or how clean it is. The best ever was about a month after I got it, a car full of chicks was behind me then sped up and started throwing stuff at me and yelling "I love Your car". I was like WTF? Then I followed them into a parking lot to talk to them and little did I know, they were throwing condoms at Me. So they ended up inviting Me to a party that they were heading to. So I got some buddies to go with Me and it was on. No wonder I love My car so much.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was sitting at a light and a very angry looking huge black man standing at the corner yelled HEY! At me, I was like oh crap... He was like 6"8 or something and a good 300+ ilbs. I thought he was gonna murder me or something. Then he suddenly went from angry looking to a gleaming smile, "Is that a real WS6?" I was quite relieved and said yep. "Sick car, Im gonna get one sooner or later." Thumbs up. Im not afraid of fights or people but seriously a guy that big looking that pissed I thought I was gonna get yanked through the T-Tops.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Teching In

LOL at some of this stuff.

I get the batmobile comment a lot too. What's even funnier is that ever since i've had the car i've had Batman floor mats in it. I have the steering wheel cover too but don't use it. I had originally gotten them for another car but never used them and put them in here instead. People get a kick out that because they call it the batmobile then i open the doors and there are the floor mats.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used to love the few compliments I got on my car from strangers, but when I sold it to my brother he painted it black and put a ram air hood in it, and black/ polished lip ZR1s. Now it's hard to drive it out of the neighborhood in daylight hours without at least one prolonged stare.

And yes, his new name is Bruce now.

Quick Reply: Its the Batmobile!