Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

fitting a car seat in the back of a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigman
Maybe you should get an suv. I kept the trans am and bought a mid 90's Grand cherokee when my daughter was born.

we already have a good late model jeep cherokee. and i got a civic as a DD. i want rid of the civic. 99.5% of the time when we go somewhere with the baby it is in the jeep.... i was just making sure it could be done it had to be.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have said, it can be done. For the most part, the front passenger will have to move their seat almost all the way forward (especially with a rear-facing child seat).

I take both my kids (who are still in forward facing seats) in my TA all the time. It's just a little uncomfortable for those in front, since you have to move the seats pretty far forward.

If you are worried about the base of the infant seat fitting into the Trans AM seat, it is really easy to remove the base of the rear seats. One bolt, and voila, its out! Maybe take the TA seat base with you when looking at infant seats.

I use Graco seats, and they work well in the TA.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone hear of the harness? someone posted about it a long time ago, and that thing was awesome! I got one, but don't know where to get another one, anyone got the link for it? My sisters rides with me in my TA she's 3 1/2 and rides perfectly fine, much better than a car seat
Old 01-08-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found it !!

http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/

Quick Reply: fitting a car seat in the back of a T/A