Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heres the link to a bigger pic of the mosaic

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/wamp42/TransAmWS6-firebirds32x30.jpg
Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001BlkWS6
Everyone says the formula looks sleeker but I think it looks to sleek. The 2 reasons to having a sports car is #1 to stick out in a group of cars and #2 to go fast. With the trans am u stick out and go fast. The formy u only go fast. To me I love the look of the trans am alot better.

As said before I want the person ahead of me to look in their mirror and **** theirselves.
I have yet to **** myself seeing anything in my rearview mirror.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wamp42
Formula WS6 is the rarest Fbody of them all.
They are very rare but don't forget the 2002 Formula Firehawk only 167 made, GM only built 901 Formulas for 2002, I think they are sleek and exclusive.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Launching!

I guess I'm partial to the Trans Am! I love mine
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Launching!

I guess I'm partial to the Trans Am. I love mine!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1BadTA13
definately a T/A.....this shouldnt even be a question.....the T/A is simply an upgraded version.....UPGRADED.....this is like sayin you'd rather have a base vette over a Z06.
A Z06 actually has a performance edge on a base Vette, a T/A doesn't have any performance edge on a Formula.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
According to the pic, you the T/A as Firehawks come in both.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

10% of all Firebirds from `98-`02 are Formula's.
It is obvious that most people ordered/purchased T/A's than any other car in that 5 year span. This alone tells you what was preferred by consumers. The rarity of a Formula may be what pulls people to look for one on the used car market over a T/A. But in general most people don't even know what a Formula is, How many Formula owners get asked how is your Trans Am running or that's a nice T/A. Sometimes it pisses you off that you have the Forgoten Firebird doesn't it.
Anyway I like the T/A but I didn't want Leather or T-Tops when I bought mine, That's why I Ordered a Formula and I haven't looked back since.
The Formula is the True No Frills Performance car from Pontiac
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1W66
10% of all Firebirds from `98-`02 are Formula's.
It is obvious that most people ordered/purchased T/A's than any other car in that 5 year span. This alone tells you what was preferred by consumers. The rarity of a Formula may be what pulls people to look for one on the used car market over a T/A. But in general most people don't even know what a Formula is, How many Formula owners get asked how is your Trans Am running or that's a nice T/A. Sometimes it pisses you off that you have the Forgoten Firebird doesn't it.
Anyway I like the T/A but I didn't want Leather or T-Tops when I bought mine, That's why I Ordered a Formula and I haven't looked back since.
The Formula is the True No Frills Performance car from Pontiac
Well, your logic is a bit confusing to me. If you want an eye-catching car that states "I am going to kick your azz" then the TransAm does the job well. If you want a car that just kicks azz, then the Formula is the car to do the job. If you want brand recognition, go with the TA.
I cannot agree that the volume numbers follow public opinion. What they follow is public advertising. Clearly, Pontiac made more money off a cosmetically altered Firebird versus a merely performance altered Firebird.
It is true that I have to tell people that I have a T/A. But I don't mind, since I prefer to make my statement by kicking their azz, rather than standing in a bar them that I am going to do it. I guess it depends on your perspective, talk or do.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Well, your logic is a bit confusing to me. If you want an eye-catching car that states "I am going to kick your azz" then the TransAm does the job well. If you want a car that just kicks azz, then the Formula is the car to do the job. If you want brand recognition, go with the TA.
I cannot agree that the volume numbers follow public opinion. What they follow is public advertising. Clearly, Pontiac made more money off a cosmetically altered Firebird versus a merely performance altered Firebird.
It is true that I have to tell people that I have a T/A. But I don't mind, since I prefer to make my statement by kicking their azz, rather than standing in a bar them that I am going to do it. I guess it depends on your perspective, talk or do.
Advertising, What advertising ? GM stopped advertising the F-body in `99
And GM made more money off the T/A because the base price was $3000 more than a Base Formula, that's alot of money for a body kit, leather, T-Tops, and keyless entry. Same thing could be said about the WS6 option $3150 for an option that shows no performance advantage over the base car.
Regardless it's all about being different because if we all wanted to be the same we would have bought Camaro's right.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1W66
Advertising, What advertising ? GM stopped advertising the F-body in `99
And GM made more money off the T/A because the base price was $3000 more than a Base Formula, that's alot of money for a body kit, leather, T-Tops, and keyless entry. Same thing could be said about the WS6 option $3150 for an option that shows no performance advantage over the base car.
Regardless it's all about being different because if we all wanted to be the same we would have bought Camaro's right.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blue02formula
Thanks for the Support Dave
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue02formula
I have yet to **** myself seeing anything in my rearview mirror.
Thats because your driving the shitee, people that see you **** theirselves.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

formulas are camaro lovers birds imo. and my formula and is fully loaded leather, t-tops, power windows and locks, everything but ws6 and traction control i wouldnt want that anyways
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BadTA13
definately a T/A.....this shouldnt even be a question.....the T/A is simply an upgraded version.....UPGRADED.....this is like sayin you'd rather have a base vette over a Z06.
Wow, you're stupid. The Z06 makes a significant amount of power over a base 'vette. The only difference b/t a Formula and a T/A is the bumpers, spoiler, badges and sideskirts...all of which add 0.00 horsepower.

Originally Posted by 2001BlkWS6
Thats because your driving the shitee, people that see you **** theirselves.
he meant that if someone sees your car in the rear-view, that means they're going faster than you...and why would they crap themselves over a slower car?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Launching!

The Formulas are lighter than Trans Ams so technically they're faster.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
Wow, you're stupid. The Z06 makes a significant amount of power over a base 'vette. The only difference b/t a Formula and a T/A is the bumpers, spoiler, badges and sideskirts...all of which add 0.00 horsepower.

he meant that if someone sees your car in the rear-view, that means they're going faster than you...and why would they crap themselves over a slower car?
Well I meant when you come up on grandma in her town car, not when both of your are at WOT
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
why would you say something like that bro? i dont get it you agreed that an auto can run like a sum bitch and that the ta hatch looks killer on a formula and you will soon find out that silver is a faster color.

I vote formula with a ta hatch. i personally choose formula i like the cleaner body lines. but the ta hatch looks superior so mix match i did. car in sig
I agree with you 100% the ta hatch is way better than the stk formy hatch.

But I think black is faster.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

...if you see me in the rear view is because although the Formula looks like it can kick your ***....the TA looks like is coming over to do it!!!! Enuff said!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

...if you see me in the rear view is because although the Formula looks like it can kick your ***....the TA looks like is coming over to do it!!!! Enuff said!

Quick Reply: LS1 Body Styles: Formula OR Trans Am?