Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bird on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
* A Trans Am was seen in the movie Corvette Summer starring Mark Hamill.
The Trans Am was not only seen, it was also trashed
Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiki missed The Matrix, where the Wachoskis showed they need to be publicly flogged for destroying a '68 Firebird.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cant remember the name but i was looking for it on youtube so i could post it. Anyone remember big tymers first music video? It was a bunch of really nice cars driving to the middle of no where and then they all have a party there and they just do donuts in teh cars the whole time. Its sick a diablo svt goes out. Then a ferrari modena goes out. Then a viper. then a ws6!!!! and the ws6 does more donuts than the rest. Its featured in there it goes out a few times. What i always liked was that it was the only sub-$100,000 car there yet iot was hanging with the big boys. It was awesome! Please someone remeber what the song was called and pot it here!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrkPhynx
Wiki missed The Matrix, where the Wachoskis showed they need to be publicly flogged for destroying a '68 Firebird.
yea I was pissed when I saw that, but to be fair, if you watch it very closely, it has a ugly looking square hood, so its not the original firebird hood, its from some other car, and only the hood gets dented.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Formula350
I'll save us all time and just quote Wiki lol

* Two Firebirds appear in The Driver (1978): a gold '77 or '78 model that Ryan O'Neal uses for a bank getaway job, and a flame-decalled white '74 or '75 Trans Am driven by the bad guys in the final climactic chase sequence.
* In the movie Donnie Darko, Frank drives a second-generation Trans Am.
* In the James Garner TV series The Rockford Files Garner's character drove a gold Firebird Esprit, updated each year of the series.
* The Ponch character on 1970s television series CHiPs drove a gold 1973 Firebird while off-duty, which had a mix of Trans Am (hood and side heat extractors) and Formula (hood air intakes) features.
* Three black Firebird Trans Ams featured in the Smokey and the Bandit movies, each of the model year in which the film was made (1977, 1980 & 1983).
* Knight Rider featured a modified 1982 Trans Am to portray KITT (and its "evil twin," KARR). Over the course of the show's run, the cars were subtly updated with 1983 and 1984 models. A 1979 Firebird and a baby blue 1982 model briefly appeared in one episode.
* In the movie Alphabet City, Vincent Spano's character drives a 1983 CFI Automatic Daytona 500 Trans Am.
* In the movie McQ, John Wayne's character drives a Brewster Green 1973 Trans Am 455.
* In the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Jeff Bridges's character steals a white 1973 Trans Am.
* In the road race film Cannonball (not Cannonball Run), David Carradine drives a 1970-72 Buccaneer Red Trans Am.
* Roy Scheider drove a black 1979 Trans Am in Blue Thunder. Steve McQueen rented an all black 1979 in The Hunter. And Sylvester Stallone in Rocky II also drove a black 1979 Trans Am.
* A Firebird Turbo Trans Am police car was seen in the movie Cannonball Run chasing a Lamborghini Countach.
* In The Simpsons Apu owns a red late-'70s Bandit-style Trans Am that you see in a few episodes. Snake, who has a habit of robbing Apu's Kwik-E-Mart, drives a 1968 Firebird that Homer purchases in a police auction in the episode Reality Bites. Coincidentally, Apu also drives a Firebird Trans-Am, a 2nd generation model with the "screaming eagle" on the hood.
* In An Innocent Man, Tom Selleck's character drives a black 1979-81 Firebird.
* A Trans Am was seen in the movie Corvette Summer starring Mark Hamill.
* In American Beauty, Kevin Spacey's character trades his Toyota Camry for a red 1970 Firebird Formula.
* In the movie Teen Wolf Too, Jason Bateman's character Todd Howard almost gets run over by a 3rd gen Trans Am.
* In the movie The Last Ride, a grey 2002 convertible model was featured.
* Daryl Hannah's character Elle Driver drives one in the movie Kill Bill 2. When filming ended, she bought the car which she rarely drives.
* The freeway chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded featured a first-generation coupe.
* Mark Wahlberg's character Melvin Smiley drives a yellow third-generation Formula in the movie The Big Hit.
* In Blur's music video "Parklife", a couple can be seen posing outside their house beside their white 1978 Trans Am with a "couple" decal at their sun visor area of their windscreen.
* Ryan Dunn drives a black 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am in his show Homewrecker.
* Will Ferrell's character Frank "The Tank" Ricard is seen working on a red 1978 Trans Am and wearing a Firebird T-shirt in the movie Old School.
* A second-generation Firebird hits a character in the 2:00 AM episode of the first season of 24, and a blue second-generation coupe can be seen in a garage in the 2:00 PM episode.
* At least three different Firebirds can be seen throughout the three seasons of the TV series Roswell; a red second-generation Trans Am, a purple fourth-generation Trans Am, and a white fourth-generation coupe.
* Niobe drives a Firebird in the 2003 video game Enter the Matrix (the car is usable in the game as either her or Ghost).
* Daniel Desario drives a red 1970s Pontiac Firebird in several episodes of Freaks and Geeks.
* In the movie Dazed and Confused, Clint drives a 1974 model SD-455 Trans Ams.
* In the TV series The Transformers, Windcharger transforms into a Trans Am. However, in the cartoon, the character does not resemble the popular American car. On the other hand, his near-duplicate Tailgate resembles a third-generation Firebird with symmetrical Trans Am hood. Also Decepticon named Runamuck transforms into a white Trans Am.
* Adam Sandler's character Billy Madison drove a black Trans Am to high school in the movie Billy Madison.
* Villainous thugs used a red Trans-Am to get away from the airport parking garage in Big Trouble in Little China starring Kurt Russell.
* Dwight Schrute in NBC's The Office drives a 1987 Firebird GTA.
* In the book Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson, a golden Firebird is a central part of the story.[1]
* In Shaker Run (1985), stars Cliff Robertson and Lisa Harrow drive a pink-and-black, right-hand-drive, third-generation Trans Am.
* Samir drives a third-generation Firebird in the opening sequence of Office Space.
* In the Nelson DeMille book The Charm School, minor character Gregory Fisher drives a Metallic Blue Trans Am (given the publication year it can be assumed to be a Third Generation) through Russia while on vacation. The Trans Am makes another appearance towards the end of the book as well.
* In the 1978 movie Hooper, Burt Reynolds drives a red and black Trans Am
* In the 1974 movie Gone in 60 Seconds, H.B. Halicki's personal black Trans Am was in the background.
* During the final chase sequence of The Italian Job (2003 film), Mark Wahlberg (Charlie) jumps over a third-generation coupe in a Mini.
* In the Degrassi High movie, School's Out, Joey Jeremiah is seen driving a 1980 Pontiac Firebird as his car.
* In the music video for his 2001 hit Ride Wit Me, rapper Nelly drives a Trans Am as the video pays homage to Smokey and the Bandit.
* In the Fox tv series Drive the character Rob Laird drives a 1979 Trans Am.
* In the 2001 movie Joe Dirt, Kid Rock's character Robby drives a late 2nd-Gen (1979?) silver Trans Am (not a slant six).
* In Spike TVs reality tv series "Bullrun", the red 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 is featured in the races,. which later wins.
* American Pie - Wedding(aka American pie 3) Steve Stiffer drives a black late 70s 2nd-gen
* In the 2000 movie Gone in Sixty Seconds, Giovanni Ribisi's character Kip drives a red/maroon 3rd gen Formula (tear-drop hood, but no sport spoiler).

I watched Bull Run and was quite happy the Dad and Daughter driving the Firebird won. When it was just 3 people left, I sadly didn't think they'd make it either. They had trans problems on the highway, but dad managed to fix it. Blew a line :S

i might have missed 1 show that you have listen, but i dont think so...king of the hill. The "flyn hawaiian" on the high school foot ball team was given a black 98-02 sleak beak trans-am....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIC FUQR
i might have missed 1 show that you have listen, but i dont think so...king of the hill. The "flyn hawaiian" on the high school foot ball team was given a black 98-02 sleak beak trans-am....
It was in season 5, "Peggy makes the big leagues" episode I think.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
wasn't there a red trans am in the movie Old School
I took the restrictor plate off the red dragon. She isn't exactly street legal, but let's keep that on the down low.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 PM
SCRWS6

watched an episode of most extreme cop chases where (I think)an LT1 was referred to as one of the most powerful cars on the road and was pulled over cause it wasn`t going fast enough, guys got busted for being drug dealers....I get excited whenever I see a Trans Am in a car dealership commercial....wife hates my cars....
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The Trans Am was not only seen, it was also trashed

Yes I wanted to kill somebody when I saw that they just had to completley blow it to little bits and pieces....the 70-73's are like my favorite style of Trans Ams.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Saw a 4gen Pewter Vert on CSI Miami tonight.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In "Coming To America" with Eddie Murphy, "Soul-Glo Darryl" has a red 3rd gen.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

there was a ls1 ta on a episode of cops, don't remember which one tho, also ive seen them on horsepower tv a few times.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99NMB
there was a ls1 ta on a episode of cops, don't remember which one tho, also ive seen them on horsepower tv a few times.
the silver trans-am that they shatter the windows on?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Restricted User

Birds are everywhere...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SIC FUQR
the silver trans-am that they shatter the windows on?
Yea thats the one... i almost cried when they did that... ******* police...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99NMB
Yea thats the one... i almost cried when they did that... ******* police...
yep he was driving on just the rims
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Here's my little list of ones that were missed in Formula350's post.

A black 2nd gen in the video for monster magnet.

I remember a movie back when a I was younger where a black 2nd gen was running from a large peice of equipment in a corn field. That T/A later came out of the field on a trailer in two pieces.

A black 2nd gen in Cannonball run two

Richard Grieco had a 1st gen conv in an older series.

Tenth anv conv in a episode the the dukes of hazzard. Driven by two females

Blue 2nd gen in Sleepwalkers

Oh and my car in 1302video's drag week 06

Here's a list of pontiacs: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-P...12d78f5e656755

Page 14 starts the firebirds. There's alot in there I didn't remember

Last edited by slvrhwk; 07-23-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chemicalstylez
I think someone in American Wedding had a 79 T/A.
yep you are right, i dont know how to spell it it was stif somthing.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

stiffler
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slvrhwk
I remember a movie back when a I was younger where a black 2nd gen was running from a large peice of equipment in a corn field. That T/A later came out of the field on a trailer in two pieces.

holy ****, i remember that too....it was a black 77-78 bandit edition. 2 tabacco chewing rednecks were chasing a guy in a harvester, throwing sticks of dynamite at him. ended up they ran over their own bomb.

Quick Reply: Bird on TV