Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Front end underbody plastic

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end underbody plastic

Anyone have pictures of the plastic bits and pieces on the underbody of a 95 T/A? I've looked all over and can't find anything. I don't really feel comfortable peering under people's cars in parking lots..

Long story short.. I just bought a 95 Formula vert where the Formula front end previously was replaced with a T/A front end (and Ram Air hood--yay!) in about '99. Car has only moved ~1200 miles since them, and the underbody plastic was never put back on. I have a bag of plastic pieces, some of which may or may not go with the car.

The headlamp shrouds, inner fenders, and the big chunk in front of the inner fenders are no problem, but there are a bunch of other pieces that I can't seem to fit anywhere. Is there a difference in the plastic pieces for a Formula and Trans Am? I'm assuming from all the bolt holes that something is supposed to bolt onto the radiator support, but nothing seems to fit. Any help appreciated.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

a air deflector is suppost to be there to deflect air up into the radiator
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

That much I can gather from the bolt holes, but damned if I can get any of the two possible candidates I have to bolt into there. This is my first 4th gen, so I'm rather clueless... I've never even looked under the hood of one of these things before... big change from the cavern under my 2nd gen's hood..

Any idea if Camaros have the same basic bits and pieces? I'm thinking maybe a carlot might be the best recon option if no one has pics, but there aren't any 'birds for sale within 30 miles.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it will help look under the for sale section.
I have pics of a 94 that is for sale and the bumper is off.
I can take mor pics if you need them but wont be able to get it up in the air
for true belly shots.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just bumped it to the top but it looks like that pic wont do you any good.
Maybe if the weathers good Ill post some more pics of the underside.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

try this pic
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks.. That helps. I've got the lower fender shroud--that one was easy to figure out. I see that vertical triangle shaped piece in there. I don't know if I have one of those, so perhaps its time for some bone yard scavenging. I think half these parts I have go one some other random car. No wonder I can't get this thing to fit together. There's also those clips in the middle of the fender shroud -- any idea what screws onto that?