Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Firebird vs. camaro argument

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good discussion on most everyone's parts. It is always a driver's race. Unless a magazine or a person can control exactly every possible variable, there is no real way to tell. I know we'll pool our money together, build a 3 mile long, enclosed, vacuum sealed, temperature, atmospheric and computer controlled straightaway, with a computer controlled driver to ensure perfect (or at least perfectly the same) shifting, pedaling and even steering throughout the test. Sounds TOTALLY feasible right?! We all love our car(s) and we love to talk about them, I had raced a few people with a much slower car and won, for various reasons. I raced a Vette with my old 96 Mustang GT (it did have motor work, but not to much at that time) and I wasted the Vette, but I could tell he was granny shifting it, so is a 96 Mustang GT faster, no. As far as the Shelby Cobra 0-100-0 test it was supposedly done in 13.8 seconds to be exact. It is my favorite car on the planet (unobtainable for me, but that is what dream cars are right?). Honestly, there is alot of false information about all cars out there. Do I believe the Cobra did that, I don't know, it could be a "ringer" car for all we know, especially back then. Old Carroll Shelby was known to pull a few fast ones back then.

Quick Reply: Firebird vs. camaro argument