Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Found '96 WS6. Too much $$?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think they are Camaro seats...look at this picture, they have the separate headreasts like the Trans Ams. The tires are supposedly brand new and they are Fusion's. I do not want an LS1 car.

So you guys are telling me you've seen an LT1 WS6 with that kind of mileage and condition, go for $6k ?!
Attached Thumbnails Found '96 WS6. Too much $$?-2587613123_227649980_im1_main_565x421_a_562x421.jpg  
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are not Camaro seats.

Sure, you could get a LS1 for that price, but what kind of LS1? A beat one with high miles.

Here, you have THE car you want. Amazing condition, and low (for the year) miles. What did you negotiate it down from? Did you get the price down a few thousand, or just a few hundered? I think that if you could get it for under $9k out the door (which means tax, title, license), then you should go for it.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Their original ad was listed as 11k, then they lowered it to what it currently is, 10k. So I negotiated down to 9k. He "says" he has $8900 in the car, which I find very hard to believe. This was one of his messages to me...

"matt, i am not trying to be hard to get along with on this deal, but the nuts and bolts are that i have $8900 dollars in my car. are we crazy? maybe but look at my inventory online. we sell more sports cars than practially anyone and we are just a small lot. get me north of there somewhere so we can get this deal done. i will show you what i have in the car, and if my profit margin was like this on every deal i couldn't stay in the game. thanks chris"

So I offered 9k and he emailed back "ok you bought it call to m....."
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

they always say they have $X in the car.....which is JUST barely less then what theyre selling it for. its always bullshit. if he REALLY had 8900 into it, and 'let it go' for 9000, only making $100 on it.....they go out of business. the paperwork and title/insurance alone is probably more then $100. id say they bought it for no more then 6k, at the MOST. probably less.

if you want it, buy it. youve gotten all the opinions youre going to get. 2yrs from now, the price wont matter. what matters is right now. are you willing to pay extra or not.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on what kind of deal they did on the frontend of this car they might have $8900 in the vehicle (It does not mean he is not telling the truth, they are just upside down on their investment and want to pass on their mistake to the purchaser) I still think you should try to buy the car for $8000 out the door based on the seats not being correct for the car. They are definitely not correct seats for a WS6 LT1 car. I have the round circle power electric buttons on my factory seats. LT1 cars are a mixed blessing, the pricing on the cars is all over the map from dealer to dealer. If you really want the car then you should get it !
Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I bought the car today. Was a little high I agree, but it was worth it to me for this car. It is the exact combo I want, completely stock, unmolested, down to the paper air filter and casette player w/cd changer. I can tell it's been taken care of and it's in excellent condition for a '96. Does have a couple minor imperfections, but nothing major. I got it out the door for $9059. I'll post some pics up soon

PS: The seats are correct. It has the round power adjustment **** just as you all describe, and the driver's seat is heated!
Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Congrats on getting the car you REALLY wanted! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

I didn't realize these cars came with heated seats.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got the car, but those seats definitely were never part of a WS6 T/A interior. Enjoy your new toy
Old 09-22-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

the orignal owner may have had heated seats dealer installed. i just found out you can do that.....now, anyway. my mother bought an 06 vibe last year, and on a whim asked for heated seats. the guy said 'sure, we can do that'. we were surprised......so now she has a vibe with heated cloth seats. apparently they could do it to anything.....so maybe thats what happened to your car. never know. i still think it was too high, especially considering the taxes, fees, etc. but whatever, its your money. just get ready to do an opti and water pump swap soon. itll save you headaches later on.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats

Originally Posted by Spiers
Well I bought the car today. Was a little high I agree, but it was worth it to me for this car. It is the exact combo I want, completely stock, unmolested, down to the paper air filter and casette player w/cd changer. I can tell it's been taken care of and it's in excellent condition for a '96. Does have a couple minor imperfections, but nothing major. I got it out the door for $9059. I'll post some pics up soon

PS: The seats are correct. It has the round power adjustment **** just as you all describe, and the driver's seat is heated!

Quick Reply: Found '96 WS6. Too much $$?