Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Newest owner of a WS6! Question, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exclamation Newest owner of a WS6! Question, please help.

Well, I think I'm the newest owner of a WS6 Trans Am and I'm damn proud of it! For just $4000 I got a 2000 Silver one with 125K miles! The catch? I got it from a repo lot and the Trans and rear-end were/are bad. A shop rebuilt the A4 trans for $1500 with "better-than-factory" parts to (hopefully) prevent from tearing it up again. The rear-end works, but screams when driving so I don't know how long it'll last...I won't try driving it the 1 hour to work until it gets replaced. A friend is trying to locate one for me, but if not, I'm gonna be calling on you guys for one!

I was reading the sticky about the headlights since mine grinds when it goes down, I'm confident the "180 quick fix" will take care of it, but it didn't say anything 'bout when the headlights pop up with the parking lamps...What's the soultion for that?? Swat

P.S. The Avitar pic is my V6 'Bird and I'll post pics of the WS6 later today!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why go back with a stock rear end they are the weak link if you have to replace it why not get a better than stock.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiat34
I was reading the sticky about the headlights since mine grinds when it goes down, I'm confident the "180 quick fix" will take care of it, but it didn't say anything 'bout when the headlights pop up with the parking lamps...What's the soultion for that?? Swat
Post this question in the headlight sticky.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's what I learned today. The '180-quick-fix' ALSO solves the headlights on with the parking lamps (and locking/unlocking).

As far as the rear end, I want something that'll get the car on the road for the least cost. I'm selling my V6 Firebird and I gotta have SOMETHING to drive to work. I'm working something out with a buddy that'll cost me little to nothing, so it's the obvious route. I definately will upgrade after a while/when $$ and expenses permit....probably go with a 12-bolt. Swat
Old 01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, but no pics today, the camera battery wasn't charged and erands ran my daylight away. I'll get some in here tomorrow after I stop procrastinating. Swat