Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Need more info on a 1995 Trans Am Pro Am

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea it does look like the WW kit....very close.

I have thought about swapping out the hood for one that's functional. I found a guy who had a Formy like mine with a functional hood and it looked very close to mine. Other than being functional, I don't know if the purchase and paint work is something I could justify.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM

Do you have any other info on this car? My boyfriend's grandmother just passed away and left him a 1995 Pro-AM III # 63. He was wondering how many were made and if anybody knew how much they were worth.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm interesting thread. i've never seen one, and in a couple of firebird books i've seen there's no mention.

i can't say i'm a huge fan of the body effects, but rarity counts for alot.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jessica_b2007
Do you have any other info on this car? My boyfriend's grandmother just passed away and left him a 1995 Pro-AM III # 63. He was wondering how many were made and if anybody knew how much they were worth.
Well not much more can be found, no final production numbers, distribution, etc. From what I found the two guys running the company got in trouble with EPA and no longer in business.

As mentioned earlier:

Pro-Am III Firebird (1995) (done by a company in Chattanooga, TN. The cars are base V6 Firebirds with large "Pro-Am III" lettering on the doors. The stock hood got a fiberglass ram air scoop attached to the top (looking the Firehawk/WS6 hood), but it's not functional. It also got side skirts, a dual outlet muffler, a numbered plaque, two-tone paint, chrome 5-spoke 16" wheels (with the original base tires), and different bumper covers.)
My front bumper cover does not have the firebird molded in the middle like all others I've seen. The rear is stock from what I see with valance piece added. Only a few had LT1's....most were 6's.

Rare? Yes but I don't think extra value that is associated with rare cars applies to this one.

If you get pics you can send, I'm collecting all I can find.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Interesting. I live in Chattanooga, TN. Never knew they were located here. However, i don't think i'd be of much help for finding out any extra info if they went out of business. My g/f's mom had a 3rd gen Pro-Am..

Quick Reply: Need more info on a 1995 Trans Am Pro Am